under 140...

Options
emmy3111
emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
for the first time since before I was pregnant with my oldest... 13 years ago!

My goal is getting closer all the time - woohoo!!!

Replies

• marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Oh I wish I could get under the 140s really stuck there at the moment lol
    But congrats to you! It's great losing pregnancy weight ay.
    Well done.
    x
  • emmy3111
    Options
    Oh I wish I could get under the 140s really stuck there at the moment lol
    But congrats to you! It's great losing pregnancy weight ay.
    Well done.
    x

lol... I don't think it qualifies as "pregnancy weight" anymore when it's been more than 10 years since I was last pregnant :)

thanks for the congrats, though :)
  • vinnieti
    vinnieti Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends who swear "I'll never weigh this ever again". But if you stay with it you'll not only hit your goal weight, most of the time you break through and achieve even more. nice work!
  • anjanettecomer
    Options
    Great job, and I UNDERSTAND!! I was 134 this morning! It feels great, doesn't it? Next stop: the 120s!
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello! I reached my "under 140" yesterday (only just), but seeing my scale start with a 9 (stone) rather than a 10, was fantastic. I went to see a friend yesterday who I hadn't seen since starting my dieting (around 3 months ago). I made sure I wore a really nice outfit, so I would look my best. She is a lovely friend and always pays compliments, so I was fully relying on her to say something and notice the difference, so I could feel the (really) hard work I had put in was really paying off. (I have lost around 15% of my total body weight and seeing as she was somebody who I hadn't seen in a while...I was hoping she would notice). She didn't! Not at all. I can't pretend I'm not a little disappointed, although at the same time - it is kind of good to know that friends never see us in the critical way that we see ourselves, right?

Still - when I saw this post, I suddenly saw a (rather selfish) opportunity to celebrate my own milestone whilst also congratulating you (a stranger!!).

Well done and enjoy your success...
  • emmy3111
    Options
    Hello! I reached my "under 140" yesterday (only just), but seeing my scale start with a 9 (stone) rather than a 10, was fantastic. I went to see a friend yesterday who I hadn't seen since starting my dieting (around 3 months ago). I made sure I wore a really nice outfit, so I would look my best. She is a lovely friend and always pays compliments, so I was fully relying on her to say something and notice the difference, so I could feel the (really) hard work I had put in was really paying off. (I have lost around 15% of my total body weight and seeing as she was somebody who I hadn't seen in a while...I was hoping she would notice). She didn't! Not at all. I can't pretend I'm not a little disappointed, although at the same time - it is kind of good to know that friends never see us in the critical way that we see ourselves, right?

Still - when I saw this post, I suddenly saw a (rather selfish) opportunity to celebrate my own milestone whilst also congratulating you (a stranger!!).

Sophie!!!! Congratulations!!! Feels great, doesn't it?
    Does your friend know you've been trying to lose weight? If you haven't told her, ít's probably a big reason why she didn't say anything.
    I had only told my closest friend at work until recently, when I mentioned something to another co-worker I get along well with... she said that she had actually noticed a while ago, but didn't want to say anything... :) I think sometimes people are worried they will offend, if it's not something you've made public.
    Anyway, just a thought... Congratulations on reaching the 130's! Yay us!
  • timewith3
    timewith3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts did you do? My starting weight is the same as yours and I can't wait to just get below 150's. My scale is not budging! Congrats on being so close to your goal!
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options

I think sometimes people are worried they will offend, if it's not something you've made public.
    Anyway, just a thought...

Really good point - thanks! (and she is just the type of friend who would be mortified to hurt anyone's feelings). In the meantime, as you rightly said "Yay us"!
  • lmunro5394
    lmunro5394 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Isn't it wonderful when you see numbers again that you haven't seen in forever??!!!! I've recently entered into "one" derland! First time in 17 years that I've not seen a 2 as the first number on the scale!
  • emmy3111
    Options
    What kind of workouts did you do? My starting weight is the same as yours and I can't wait to just get below 150's. My scale is not budging! Congrats on being so close to your goal!

Thank you!
    I really haven't done "workouts".... I go for a lot of long walks and go on my elliptical when I don't feel like leaving the house or the weather is crummy. Looking at so many pretty, toned bodies on here has got me thinking that I really need to up the ante, though... still feeling pretty flabby even though the numbers on the scale are going the right direction. Thinking of doing C25K, but just need to get motivated to start.
    Also thinking as my original goal gets closer, that I might need to re-evaluate... 130, maybe?
  • emmy3111
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Isn't it wonderful when you see numbers again that you haven't seen in forever??!!!! I've recently entered into "one" derland! First time in 17 years that I've not seen a 2 as the first number on the scale!

Yay, Imunro!!! That has got to feel FANTASTIC!!! Keep up the great work :)
  • Julietecosse
    Options

I can really relate to this, as the only person who noticed was my beautician, even although I was wearing lots of clothes which I was now able to fit into once again. I have come to the conclusion that people dont really look at us closely, or critically as you say. At least we know, which encourages us in the constant struggle to look better and be healthy.

Well done and enjoy your success...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!