How did Adipex work for you??

Options
I was extremely hesitant to ask this question because I don't know how everyone is going to react to this. But I have no one I can personally ask. So if you've taken it how did it go? Is there things you didn't do and wish you did or viceversa? Did you make yourself eat? What about exercising on Adipex? Did it help? Any advice?

Replies

• vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    several years ago, I had a doctor prescribe it for me. I lost about 25 pounds.....

Now...after I stopped taking it, I gained it all back (plus some more.) It makes you shake, nervous, edgy.....bad stuff if you ask me.

I would never recommend it unless you are physically unable to become happy and healthy the "right" way. I will not last.....trust me :-)
  • shortyah
    Options
    I've been on Adipex-p for the past 3 months and I've loved it! I've dropped a about 16lbs (10% of my body weight)

Things I noticed:
    - I dropped weight like crazy the first month, then it slowed down these past two months
    - Dry mouth like crazy
    - While my mind wasn't craving food, I paid attention to when my body needed nutrition (weakness, a bit shaky)
    - When I ate nonnutritous food, my body felt worse because it needed proper nutrition to make up for the lack of calories
    - No problem eating 1200 cal/day
    - Sleep was tough during the second month
    - I became tolerant of the effects progressively. This is normal.

Overall, I've had a very positive experience taking Adipex-P. I'm not planning on taking it any more after I finish this month. I tried to "reboot" the effects by not taking it for a week, thinking it would feel like the first week again, but it didn't.

Also, don't be ashamed. I told EVERYONE I was taking it. I wanted to help change the perception of diet pills, because they can be safe, effective, and provide a much needed helping hand in losing weight.
  • CyndyPT2B
    Options
    I started losing weight in 2009 taking Adipex. After a few weeks though, I had to come off of it for all the reasons stated above. I was edgy, shaky, and emotional. I would "snap" on people too easy. I came off of it and kept losing weight for a total of 97 lbs. I have used it repeatedly during the last three years as a "starter" when I need to reset my diet. It sometimes helps me detox and avoid sugar when my diets gotten really bad so I will just take it for 2 or 3 days to help me come off the bad food. I have had a lot of success taking it like that.
  • Cmgonzales03
    Cmgonzales03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I took it about 2 years ago and lost 30 lbs in 3 months and had only gained about 10 pounds within a year. Then I got pregnant and decided I could eat everything I wanted so now post baby and stuggling to lose weight. I have been taking adipex for the past 2 months and have not lost anything. I'm not quite sure what is going on since I eat less. I don't get tons of energy with it, it almosts brings me down a bit but doctor said it could be that I have ADD so the adipex is having the opposite side effect on me. It does make me extremely moody, friends and family can tell which days I take it and which days I don't. Oh and the first time I took it I exercised twice a da so I think exercise plays a role in losing and keeping it off.
  • ashayshay23
    Options
    I have been very optimistic with my results from Adipex so far. I started taking it less than 2 months ago when I became frustrated with my weight gain. The first few weeks was the most challenging. I found myself with a "funk" feeling in my mouth, dry mouth, insomnia and the "shakes" at times. Also, I really had to force myself to eat, because I had lost all desire for food. Unlike other responses, I didn't notice any mood swings from the medication.
    After the first 3 weeks, my body adjusted to the medication and I really paid attention to my diet. What was I putting in my body that worked well with the medication? What didn't? I was disappointed the first month, because I felt like I worked my BUTT off and lost only 9 lbs. My energy level had increased significantly with Adipex, so I would work out in the morning after taking the pill and have a protein bar. I found it is important to watch not only WHAT you are eating, but how often as well.
    The combination of the MFP and the Adipex has helped me lose 13 lbs in less than 2 months and I hope to continue taking it for a few more months :)
    For those of you who struggle with the mood swings from the medication, try taking 1/2 pill in the morning and the other 1/2 in the afternoon. That may help with the "coming down" effects and with your relationships! :)) This has been quite a journey and I hope that you all have great success with your weight loss! Feels good to have CONTROL of my habits again being able to get those capris back on with no problem.