6 months later 30 lbs down

Options
So I started this journey March 19, 2012 at 171.5 lbs. I decided it was time to change after coming back from vacation and looking how awful I looked into pictures. I wanted to do this for myself and my family. I wanted to beat all the odds from obesity, diabetes and cancer which seems to kill everyone in my family. I wanted to set a good example for my kids. My kids dont have to worry because they have the opposite problem, they are way too skinny. lol But they are learning. I am by no means perfect. I mostly eat what I want when I want just in moderation. I have not lost all this weight by eating just salads, which I cant stomach. Portion control is the key. Measure everything, look everything up in restaurants.

During this weightloss journey I have eaten less than 1000 the first month. Practically starving, then I decided that was enough because I needed to eat. Well I upped to 1200-1400 calories with a cheat day in the week which I logged and was way over. lol Then when I start round 1 of Insanity, I tried 1800 calories. Some days I went over but it was no biggie. I continued to lose.
I have done 30 day shred, which is what I started with along with my treadmill then I moved to Insanity. Insanity was no joke but it got tolerable that I ended loving it. I am currently on my 2nd round. I am taking a break due to neck/back spasms but I will continue back to it.

I never in a million years thought I would stick with it for almost 6 months. I currently weigh 141 lbs and I am so darn proud of myself. Tomorrow is my birthday so its a great gift to myself. I am 5'1 and I want to get down to 120 lbs. 20 lbs more to go!!!!! I will reevaluate when I am near my goal.

So to all those that say weight loss is hard, stick to it and you will see it come off slowly but surely.

Here is me at the beginning after vacation:
5EF276FB-E3FD-4953-A3F8-DF44410BDF3A-31265-000016426F5A2632-1.jpg

Now:
59BBAE0C-48A7-4C79-82E3-4B09D6A8335E-31265-000016426569C82A-1.jpg

During vacation and Now wearing the same clothes:
5A7B0AB5-09B7-4ECE-A4F0-F7B470EFDA92-31265-000016427A589746-1.jpg

Replies

• thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good Job you look great, Keep it up. I have about 14 to go then I will reevaluate
  • futurestarz
    Options
    awesome!! congrats! you look great
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB GIRL!!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference! Look at those pounds just melt off you! Great job! So glad you love Insanity and keep up the great work! :)
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Awesome! keep it up!
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow, great work. I need to get my *kitten* in gear. You should be proud.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Doing great!!! Keep killing it daily!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lookin' good there! And I love your attitude about it all. Way to Go!
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Options
    You should be so proud Melissa, you're doing great and such an inspiration!! :wink: So glad to have been with you on this journey and to call you my friend!! :heart:
  • So proud of you Mel and am so honored to call you my friend! You have rocked this and will continue to do so and as Rach said so glad to have been on this journey with you! You are such an inspiration to msny:-)
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep it up.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Rach & Terrie, I'm glad to have you as my friends!!
  • Farmer_Dan
    Options
    Such a super job Melissa! You are an inspiration to many and know your family must be so proud of you!
  • Lanibugluv
    Lanibugluv Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is such an awesome accomplishment and you are gonna do so much more and amaze yourself even more! Keep up all the hard work and dedication and most of all thanks for passing it to us who really need it!
  • andreamariexo
    Options
    Wow that's amazing! And happy Birthday :happy:
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Great job. Thanks for posting. Your starting weight was about where mine started on MFP so it's nice to have a little inspiration. :smile:
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Being healthy, what a great gift to yourself
    What a valuable lesson for your children who learn by what they see
    Congrats and keep up the great work
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!