What diet plan are you on?

Options
Hi all, I am trying to stick by the Low GI diet because my mum and dad are both diabetic (dad is type 2), I do not want that to effect me. I was just interested to know what diet plan you are on? If anyone would like to become friends please feel free to add me. Thanks

Sarah

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    The eating less than I burn plan
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I just say I'm on a calorie deficit. I like low carb too but I don't always do it.
  • dconverse1
    Options
    I like the low carb diet. Carbs make me hungry! But it is nice to have them sometimes. This site helps so that I don't eat too much. It also figures carbs, proteins, fats... Hope this helps!
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm not really on any specific diet. I just cut the crisps and sweets (except for saturday), and started eating smaller portions. I just eat less calories than I burn, and make relatively healthy choices. That's in, and it's working great :D
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    my own - I made it up all by myself :bigsmile:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

^^^^^^this.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

Mine is better. I do the burning more than I eat plan
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm on the follow the MFP guidelines plan which requires me to eat less than I used to and exercise
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I try to eat less and move more.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am not on a diet plan. I burn more than I eat. Diet plans or "diets" fail in the long run.
  • evolutionbyariana
    Options

Agreed! I watch what I eat pretty carefully though, it's taken about a year and a half but I've finally come up with a way of eating that keeps me satisfied but on track. It's just a matter of trial and error; do lots of research and try new things and you'll quickly learn what does and doesn't work!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Mine is similar to others, but I call it the "eat whatever I want as long as I burn more calories than I ate" plan.
  • Just_Pam
    Just_Pam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more
  • michellekicks
    Options

:drinker:
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am trying to stick by the Low GI diet because my mum and dad are both diabetic (dad is type 2), I do not want that to effect me. I was just interested to know what diet plan you are on? If anyone would like to become friends please feel free to add me. Thanks

Sarah

Ice cream, poptarts, and chicken diet..

:)
  • michellekicks
    Options
    Ice cream, poptarts, and chicken diet..

:)

:flowerforyou: I [heart] poptarts.
  • LupaNera
    Options
    I follow more or less the Mediterranean diet. Should be 55%carbs ,avoiding sugar anyway, 30% fats mostly unsaturated and 15% proteins. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and they suggested me to follow this plan. And to eat one apple after each meal... And this is a thing that I still miss. I don't like very much apples...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    None.

I eat what I feel like, when I feel like it.. and as long as it's less then my calories for the day, I'm good!
  • bluedecor
    Options
    I'm using the Younger Next Year Journal as a fitness guide and cutting the crap out of my diet, following my daily calorie allowance and trying to eat more whole foods. I bet you're on the right track with the low GI diet. It emphasizes whole foods and I think that it is the way to go. See my blog if you're interested. I also have joined the Strong is the New Skinny (SINS) group on Facebook. I don't want to be a skinny person with a bad body composition - too much fat, too little muscle. I aspire to be trim and shapely, and that's a plan for a healthy fit woman who can carry her own groceries!
  • bluedecor
    Options
    If you love Pop Tarts, you've got to try the Amy's version of the Pop Tart. They are not a low calorie food, but they are so good and full of complex carbs.