Needing help with simple recipes

missjennifer1966
missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
Hi all. I am just restarting trying to lose weight and I need some recipes with the point value listed (WW) that are simple. I run across recipes, but then they will have something in them I have never heard of. Any help most appreciated!

Replies

• Check out pinterest, and skinnytaste.com, I find great recipes on both. You may have to enter them into recipes in your food section of MFP, to get the calorie and nutritional information, but that does not take to long, there are so many blogs out there with healthy recipes, find me on pinterest if you want to. I have lots of options, look under healthy choices and food and cooking, crock pot. good luck
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/ Gina's site has some awesome healthy recipes and she shows all the nutrition data (WW included).

I'm quite sure you'll find lots to try on her site.

I would guess there is also WW groups in the small groups area here on MFP, might do a search and see what you can find. They too probably have lots of yummy recipes and some I imagine are doing the point system.

Cheers!:drinker:
  • I agree Pinterest is awesome... also a new book out called Release has awesome healthy low fat and calorie recipes in it that are quick and easy...I think that book is also on Pinterest
  • My mom's a WW member, and I believe you can get a points calculator from them that will help you figure out point values from just nutritional content. Try poorgirleatswell.com for cheap & easy recipes that taste good & are healthy.

My new favorite breakfast is 2-ingredient pancakes: 1 mashed banana mixed well with 2 beaten eggs. Pour small pancakes in a hot, Pam sprayed non stick pan, brown, flip, eat. The whole batch only has 245 calories (2 lg eggs = 140, 1 med banana = 105cal). Ex lg eggs bump the cals by 20.

Good luck!

*Editted for spelling. I'm a former English teacher, so it's a pet peeve. :)
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Fantastic advice from everyone!! Thanks so much!!