Odd issue I'm hoping exercise will help??

Options
So for about the last two months my neck, upper back, & hands hurt all the time.

It's not the muscles but the actual joints in my body; if i crack them they feel better for a little while... but then hurt again.

it's actually gotten to the point that if I don't crack them they hurt worse & worse to the point where i either crack them or cry.

My insurance does not cover seeing a chiropractor so I'm wondering if there are any sort of stretches or workouts I can do to try 7 help my symptoms?

Any suggestions workout or otherwise are very much appreciated!

Replies

• ermand
    ermand Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    try fish oil capsules. they do wonders for joints.
  • Vmsunderland
    Options
    Thank you for responding I will!
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with arthritis who swears by hot yoga. Nt my thing, but she loves it! I second the fish oil suggestion.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    does your insurance cover seeing an actual doctor?
  • Vmsunderland
    Options
    Yes, my insurance basically covers everything but "alternative medicine"
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend seeing your doctor. You may be able to find out why your in pain, and that is crucial to know if you want to get better. For example, if your pain is due to an injury, doing something like yoga could potentially worsen the injury.
  • Sequence88
    Options
    Look into glucosamine, my cousin has the same problem from various injuries, she has artritis, swollen joints, and just general pain and she swears by it. Also, yoga.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend seeing your doctor. You may be able to find out why your in pain, and that is crucial to know if you want to get better. For example, if your pain is due to an injury, doing something like yoga could potentially worsen the injury.

^^^ This ^^^^

Could be arthritis and if it is the earlier it is recognized and treated the less permanent joint damage will occur. Also the fish oil supplements are a good idea. Get the highest level of EPA and DHA omega 3's you can find.
  • jaj68
    jaj68 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have arthritis. My doctor (s) suggested Osteo Biflex. Fish Oil and Vitamin D and E.

not sure if they really help....but what can they hurt.

I suggest a good visit to your doc. Maybe some sort of joint issue going on.
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I would also recomend the Dr! You could go to a physio or orthopeidics as they are not alternative medicines. And if you have arthiritis you really should find out sooner rather than later! The fish oil or flaxseed oil are also good ideas!! Anything with the Omegas in it!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Forcing your joints to crack all the time can cause inflammation, you think cracking them makes them feel better, but it actually makes things worse in the long run. As others have said, I'd recommend seeing a doctor to make sure nothing is seriously wrong, but if there isn't, I would expect that regular exercise combined with stretching might help.
  • Vmsunderland
    Options
    I'm going in for a full evaluation in November including in depth blood work & what not. Last year I was on the lower end of the scale for my thyroid & hypothyroidism runs in my family... so I'm wondering if that could be it; since I have read that hypothyroidism can cause joint pain.

But I was just curious if there was anything I could do in the mean time to relieve my pain.
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My cousin has joint pain and she did an anti-inflamatory elimination diet... cut out foods that have compounds known to cause inflammation, then gradually introduce them one by one to see if any effect you. It's a hard-core thing to do (involves cuting out night-shade vegetables, which are the most delcious ones!) but she has had positive results from it.