Can't get myself to do my workout! Help mee!

Options
So i started a workout program the other day called insanity. I was pumped, and I pushed myself through the whole workout, up until yesterday and today. i can't motivate myself at ALL! Grr. I feel icky and unaccomplished. How do you motivate yourself through a workout?

Replies

• mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Really, the hardest part is just getting started. I make myself start, and say I'll do it for 5 minutes. When I hit that five minutes, I tell myself just 10 minutes more, etc. The longer you go, the better you feel and you want to finish your workout. JUST START. The rest will take care of itself, and you'll feel amazing when you're done.
  • LayneMorris
    Options
    Getting started is the killer. I have found that working out with friends, people that hold me accountable, and spending money on a gym membership help me. Knowing that someone is going to notice that I am not working out and knowing that I am blowing my money if I don't go are big motivators for me.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Just do the warm up.
    Do the rest tomorrow

Chances are once you've started you can do more than you aimed for.
    Also look at all the posts of ppl who have results from finishing insanity.
    If you commit to the program you will get results like that too.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My gym is a 15-minute walk away. I could never bring myself to waste gas on driving there, it's such a short walk. However, getting there is what kills my motivation.
    That, or the pile of chores i manage to build up during my 2 hour absence.
  • Rawr1978
    Options
    Oh, and btw, i was busy making excuses on the way home from the store (another 15-minute walk that i dont mind, go figure), when i found myself walking behind a girl who had an amazing tushie. My excuses flew away. Im about to leave for the gym in a minute
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Who knew a hot tushie could be so motivating!!!
  • Rawr1978
    Options
    It is when you dont have one, and a bf who loves that kind lol
    OP, have you thought of doing a reward system?
  • AnonymousFilly
    Options
    I dont go to a gym because i'm too lazy to bike there even though thats good exercise too.. i do a 10 minute ab work every night (its just an app i dowloaded lol) but im always dead afterwards which is really sad but i feel accomplished after i do it and i have other little routines i do~ its all worth it i hope every little bit counts right?