college student trying to lose weight

Options
Hi everyone! I'm not new to mfp, but this is a new account, and I haven't really had the chance to add any friends on it.

Basically I just struggle a lot with overeating due to being a college student (especially stress eating!). I am making it a goal for myself to eat better portions and choose healthier foods. I would love to have friends with similar goals as me, and they don't necessarily have to be college students.

Replies

• Katieladie40
    Options
    Hey im a college student too. I've been trying super hard to workout and eat healthy. I agree it's hard with the campus food. But i stick to it every day. I'd love to work together on this :]
  • bandsofblue
    bandsofblue Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a college student too. I just joined MFP this summer so this is my first year at college with MFP but my 4th year overall.

Sending you a request now!
  • BarretScarbrough
    BarretScarbrough Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, working full time and a full time student, over the summer I only took 1 (3) course and began my diet 2 weeks before school began. I have had a fear that when the stress built back up I would cease to lose weight, but so far so good and I still am experiencing a consistent weight loss. I try to avoid meals when I am on campus and I try to drink 0 Calorie drinks. Good luck!
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ugh I put on a whole bunch of weight at university, even though I was already overweight - it's a place where it's easy to develop or maintain bad habits! If you're responsible for your own cooking, maybe try and do some batch cooking and freeze separate portions, so your meals are set for the week. It kind of makes it easier to budget too, and you won't have to rush around when you're hungry - you just take out one of the prepared meals and heat it up!
  • linds9211
    Options
    Me too girl, me too. My goal is to lose the weight, not gain it. I'm not sure how to request friends on here, but if you request me I will definitely motivate you!
  • cmccoy0901
    cmccoy0901 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student too. Sending you a request!
  • I'll add you. I'm a college student as well. It's hard to eat healthy and juggle a full time schedule
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    Options
    yup, I'm another college student in the same position. I'm going back to school (and eating in the dining center) in a week and am kinda nervous to make the transition.

Anyone can add me!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    hey its hard to stay in shape when one is college....beer + pizza + parties = fun times but not a good way to stay in shape :)

I will send ya a request..
  • s0cialsymph0nies
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. College is kicking my *kitten* weight wise and i wanna get it off . I'll add you and anyone else can feel free to add me !
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student too. Feel free to add me.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    im a college student too! feel free to add.

i tend to not eat anything when stressed. period.

EDIT:i guess im grad if i go to med school.. aahah :flowerforyou:
  • whitcla
    whitcla Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm a full time student too. I don't eat on campus and bring in a lunch instead- I need help to think of healthy lunches that are quick and easy. How much do you want to lose?
  • newbernbears
    Options
    I was laid off and decided to go back to college. I am stressed out now and unmotivated to study! Add me if you wish to . Good luck to you!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!! I'm sending you a friend request stat -- I'm now in my first year of grad school. In undergrad, I really struggled with my weight (up 15, down 15, up 30, down 40). MFP has been the one thing that's really helped me keep the weight off.

PS. Anyone else is more than welcome to send me a friend request! :)
  • gothamriots
    Options
    I'm also a college student - and I'm also in film, so I need to keep to my goal weight. I'm in the range, but I need to lose my last ten. (and I just kinda suck at that. Ooh well.)
    Adding you all! I'm glad to see there are more of us out here :-)
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    College student. In the same boat.

My suggestion: if you buy food for yourself, shop the perimeter of the store as much as you can. The bad stuff is in the aisles! ;)
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    College sophomore, trying to lose weight as well. I have split my meal plan - half is for groceries, half balanced with dining hall food. Cooking in the dorm kitchenette can be a pain in the buns but it is definitely worth it! Does your school have a nutrition list and the menu for that day? I usually pre-log on the days I balance out my meals with campus food, and that helps a lot. Feel free to add me!
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi pals! Yes its hard to be healthy at college, hard to loose weight and hard to live witouth doing anything about it! We can be active and make great choices while we study!! Lets be healthy for a happy beautiful life! :) Feel free to add me!
  • TiasF
    TiasF Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi you all!
    I'm a junior in college and have gone through 2 years of gaining weight, weight loss trial & error (still not done haha) but I have started planning my meals, and cooking during the weekend for the entire week (tupperware it up!). a few good websites I use: thegraciouspantry.com (clean eating), cooking-in-college.com (healthy, easy, & cheap recipes), bodybuilding.com (weight loss/bulking up- work out plans & meal plans).
    Hope this helps. feel free to add me- us college students have to stick together in this journey! :)