sugar

Options
If you eat at or under your calorie goal but half your calories are from sugar, will you still lose weight? Cause i am and im not.

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    if you arent losing weight you arent counting correctly...if you measure, weight your food and still dont you either are to high calorie goal...or have a medical issue.

No one food, no one macro(ie..carb, protein, fats) make you fat or hinder weight loss
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It would really help if you made your diary public so we can see exactly what you're eating!
  • christyallison69
    christyallison69 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok, thnx.
  • savageman69
    Options
    oh and i also forgot under eating is just as bad
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    when I don't go over my calorie goal (even on days I eat mostly sugar) I still SLOWLY lose weight - the problem with doing that is your body is missing out on what you SHOULD be eating (preaching to the choir, I know) which will eventually lead you to feel like crap. In my experience - eat mostly meat and vegetables and save the sugar for special stuff, like a date or something.
  • savageman69
    Options
    when I don't go over my calorie goal (even on days I eat mostly sugar) I still SLOWLY lose weight - the problem with doing that is your body is missing out on what you SHOULD be eating (preaching to the choir, I know) which will eventually lead you to feel like crap. In my experience - eat mostly meat and vegetables and save the sugar for special stuff, like a date or something.
    Wrong...if you hit your macros it doesnt matter what you eat for the rest....for instance i eat 150-160 grams of protein and hit my 60+ grams of fat and the rest can be anything i want for the rest of the day.

If sugar makes you feel bad then you have a medical condition, your body doesnt care if your carbs are cake or pie or fruit its all treated the same and avoiding foods thinking they are bad is called an eating disorder and will lead to cheating and failure

Oh and slowly losing weight...yah thats called healthy these idiots that think losing a 1lb a day or more is good end up killing there bodys and will gain it all back and then some
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wrong...if you hit your macros it doesnt matter what you eat for the rest....for instance i eat 150-160 grams of protein and hit my 60+ grams of fat and the rest can be anything i want for the rest of the day.

If sugar makes you feel bad then you have a medical condition, your body doesnt care if your carbs are cake or pie or fruit its all treated the same and avoiding foods thinking they are bad is called an eating disorder and will lead to cheating and failure

Oh and slowly losing weight...yah thats called healthy these idiots that think losing a 1lb a day or more is good end up killing there bodys and will gain it all back and then some

This is very dangerous advice. You may lose weight, but you won't be healthy. If your goal is only weight loss and not a healthy, sustainable lifestyle than your macros don't matter. However, getting most of your calories from sugar is not good for your body. Your hormones will be out of wack from the constant insulin spikes. Losing weight is not as simple as calories in/calories out.
  • savageman69
    Options

This is very dangerous advice. You may lose weight, but you won't be healthy. If your goal is only weight loss and not a healthy, sustainable lifestyle than your macros don't matter. However, getting most of your calories from sugar is not good for your body. Your hormones will be out of wack from the constant insulin spikes. Losing weight is not as simple as calories in/calories out.
    Maybe you better re-read what i wrote....When did i say only eat sugar.. i said HIT your MACROS...that means proper protein intake, proper fat intake and fill the rest with what you enjoy simple is that.
  • Lorilye77
    Lorilye77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It also depends on where you are getting your sugar from. I am generally under my calories. I always go over only sugar, but I eat a lot of fresh fruit. And I am losing weight. You say you eat a lot of sugar but from where? Do you eat a lot fruit or is it mostly refined/added sugar?
  • Courtney_7790
    Options

Most of your statement is right, however "if sugar makes you feel bad then you have a medical condition" is absolutly wrong, I feel terrible after eating more then a small amount of sugar. If your eating pies, cookies, and cakes your body will not feel good as compared to when your eating healthy, nor will it preform as well.