Raw Vegan friends much needed ;)

Options
2»

Replies

• Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and very interested in increasing my raw intake. I'm maybe 60-65% raw at the moment. Happy to have new friends!
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you cannot find Marmite then Vegemite is the same, just tastes a little different .. I prefer it actually.
  • stardustyouniverse
    Options
    I'm a (new) raw vegan, add me if you like :)
  • lumayaa
    Options
    me too, add me :D
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So easy... I just make my own chips etc... get a dehydrator to help with the transition. At first you'll rely on nuts, avocados... but they became too heavy at times. There are TONS of recipes, and websites out there! It's pretty easy. Vegan is SOOOoooo easy to do, with being raw, you basically need to plan ahead of time.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan (for over a year now) but not a raw vegan. I find vegan easy but I don't know what raw all involves sorry....but you can add me on a friend if you want. Please leave me a note in the request if you do.
  • shoniabrown
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

I have a question regarding the vegan diet as well. I've been 90/10 vegan for the past month now and it started off great. However, by the second week, I found myself really bloated and gassy. I was eating a lot of processed fast food vegan/vegetarian foods and when I did my research I found that processed foods and soy could cause this bloating and flatulence. So I removed most of the processed foods and soy from my diet. Now I eat mostly whole fresh foods as well as starchy vegetables and grains. Last week I have severe cramping and I felt like an alien was living in my tummy. LOL! Then the extreme diarhea came on and I out of frustration took Immodium AD to calm the stomach. Now, with the help of the Immodium and the new diet, I am consitpated, bloated, and the tummy just feels horrible. I've continued to research the correlation of being vegan and bloating/flatulence, and many people say it's because of the drastic change in diet and increase in fiber. What say you, MFPeeps? What has your experience b een when changing to a vegan lifestyle and if you did get a sick tummy, did it ever subside or do you still have problems with whole foods? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Shonia