Losing my curves... :(

Options
I want to lose weight to get into shape and have more energy. I just want to be healthy, but at the same time i want to look good for my boyfriend too. He loves curvy girls like kim kardashian. So is there anyway i can still have my butt and be skinny too? Any advice would help. :)

Replies

• Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Even at my skinniest I had a large butt!! I attributed it to squats, lunges, and step-ups (stepping onto a box a couple feet high with weights) plus cardio (especially walking on a treadmill with a treadmill with a steep incline!)
  • crmikus28
    Options
    work out your abs and keep slim, then do lunges and squats to keep you r rear bootilicous and boobs are the first thing to lose weight, so just wear a push up bra and/or get implants if your top is off kilter. I try not to work out so much that it all falls off either, I just want to slim the waist line down but keep the curves where they should be. Eat lots of protein too!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    ok so I don't want to be mean, but if you wanna look like some of those girls on ur profile pics u need help. There is one I think of Tara Reid where she looks over tan and over skinny like she had an eating dis order.
    There is one of a model side ways with a big butt she looks healthy and I hope thats more of what u're aiming for.
  • dogmeat
    dogmeat Posts: 83
    Options
    Where your padding (adipose tissue) is stored in your body is determined by genetic factors and there's nothing you can do to target some locations and not target others.

Working on your abs doesn't make you lose belly fat. Working on your butt muscles doesn't make you lose butt fat. While being on negative calories, your body decreases the fat storages however it pleases, in whatever order it pleases.

The upside of this is that if you're genetically built to have big butt, that's going to be the last place where your fat leaves when you lose weight. The downside is that if you're genetically built to store fat on your belly, it'll be the last place where it leaves from when all the other storages have been depleted.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Please, oh please, oh pleeeaaaasssseeeee...please decide that you want to look good for YOU! If you want to feel comfortable with your body for yourself the pressure will be different. It's so hard to try to please someone else. I'm sure you can get to the weight you're looking to be at but be sure you do it for yourself. Your boyfriend will (or should) love you for every bit of you. :)
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Where your padding (adipose tissue) is stored in your body is determined by genetic factors and there's nothing you can do to target some locations and not target others.

Working on your abs doesn't make you lose belly fat. Working on your butt muscles doesn't make you lose butt fat. While being on negative calories, your body decreases the fat storages however it pleases, in whatever order it pleases.

The upside of this is that if you're genetically built to have big butt, that's going to be the last place where your fat leaves when you lose weight. The downside is that if you're genetically built to store fat on your belly, it'll be the last place where it leaves from when all the other storages have been depleted.
    This response is bang on and probably not what you wanted to hear.

If that is such a big issue with your boyfriend, you need a different boyfriend.
  • Feralsquirrel
    Feralsquirrel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm with dogmeat and Nola. You don't have very much control over what you look like aside from plastic surgery, which is dangerous and expensive. So foremost you should be concerned with looking healthy. When you're eating right and getting the proper amount of exercise it doesn't just show in your physique, your skin and hair look better and you have more energy and just feel better all around. Looks aren't important, being healthy is. And looking better will come from being healthy.
  • lydiabeth4
    Options
    Please, oh please, oh pleeeaaaasssseeeee...please decide that you want to look good for YOU! If you want to feel comfortable with your body for yourself the pressure will be different. It's so hard to try to please someone else. I'm sure you can get to the weight you're looking to be at but be sure you do it for yourself. Your boyfriend will (or should) love you for every bit of you. :)

I completely concur!!
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    ok so I don't want to be mean, but if you wanna look like some of those girls on ur profile pics u need help. There is one I think of Tara Reid where she looks over tan and over skinny like she had an eating dis order.
    There is one of a model side ways with a big butt she looks healthy and I hope thats more of what u're aiming for.

Ya i dont wanna look like tara reid, she's waaaay too skinny. The other girl is what im aiming for but i know that my *kitten* wont look like that if i lose weight. I just put tara reid on my page to keep me motivated to lose weight. I couldnt starve myself down to that if i wanted to. lol. But thanks for the concern.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight to get into shape and have more energy. I just want to be healthy, but at the same time i want to look good for my boyfriend too. He loves curvy girls like kim kardashian. So is there anyway i can still have my butt and be skinny too? Any advice would help. :)

My BFF has bobbies and curvy booty and wears a size 3 and she looks amazing (but then again she is a fitness trainer). She has a tiny waist but still has all her curves so I believe it's possible. Everyone's body is different though. I know girls who have lost weight but also have lost their butt and their boobs but it could totally depend on what types of exercises you are doing, etc.
    GOOD LUCK.
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    Thanks guys. This makes me feel a lot better about losing the weight. I think its whats been holding me back from going all in. And i am losing weight for myself. My boyfriend doesnt even want me to lose weight at all but i dont feel comfortable in tight clothes so im doing for myself. I just know that he loves a huge *kitten* so i at least wanted to keep that for him. Haha. But thanks again. Its really keeping me motivated today. I might even exercise. :)