Insanity or TurboFire??? HELP!!

Options
Hello. I am trying to decide between ordering Insanity or TurboFire. I am not new to working out but I need to up my calorie burn and strength training to help me reach the last of my post pregnancy weightloss goal :) I have done Turbo Jam and liked it so thats why I was leaning towards Turbo Fire.But I know that Insanity burns like 600+ cals. Well thats what Ive been told by friends who have done it. I just want to make sure I can handle it or atleast work up to it before spending all that $. My hubby has done P90X and I couldnt stick with it or keep up. Is Insanity similar? Any advice or help would be great!! :) TY!!

Replies

• Inked2Love
    Options
    Oh also on Beachbodys website when comparing the two.. it says Insanity is max interval with lil rest and then TurboFire is HIIT is 1 min bursts. So maybe TurboFire would be alil easier to start with cuz its shorter intensity bursts?
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have done workouts with both programs. But turbofire is the best to me !
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    i've tried both! just a few dvds here and there, Insanity is Insaaane! haha, and Turbo fire is fun. both seem great to me though. what do you think you would enjoy more?
  • shpamela
    Options
    Insanity is where it's at, it's amazing! It kicks your *kitten*.
    but it is similar to P90X except no equipment. If you're leaning towards Turbo fire..go for it, especially if you enjoyed Turbo Jam.
  • Inked2Love
    Options
    I def enjoyed Turbo Jam but i wanna make sure that im gonna burn enough cals in Turbo Fire. Have any of u worn an HRM while u did it? I worked out during my 2nd and 3rd trimester but just elliptical. I then started working out Post Partum at 2.5 weeks lol yes I know yur supposed to wait 6 but my Dr didnt care. My issue is that my hips wont budge and my arms need toned back up. So elliptical has helped me shed 30 lbs but not tone. I do have a gym membership but im a SAHM and my hubby works crazy hrs so its hard for me to go to the gym more than like once a week cuz no babysitter.... Boo!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have done TF and worn a HRM. I typically burn 10kcal/minute. They are so much fun and if you loved Turbo Jam you will love Turbo Fire for sure!
  • Inked2Love
    Options
    Hmm Im getting mixed review on MFP abt both. Ive read that TurboFire only burns like 10 cals a min which I burn that on the elliptical (I have a Bodymedia Fit) and then some ppl are saying Insanity is only burning 400-500. Grr lo idk. I really wanna burn more than the average 300-400 I burn on the elliptical. So maybe I should go for Insanity. Lol GD! I cant decide