peanuts, half my daily fat allowance?????

Options
Today I was feeling faint because I hadn't eaten enough so since I was in the store I looked around to see what was the best think for me to eat that's fairly healthy, well I was in target so there isn't much to choose from. I found a jar of low salt dry roasted peanuts, I grabed and handful and felt better right away. I get home and plug it in here and OMGosh, it's half my daily allowance of fat!!!!! I didn't even look at the fat content on it because so many have said that nuts are a good source of calories, so when I was shopping I was more worried about the salt content than the fat, anyways I think I'll leave these for hubby and the kids.

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    If it's a form of healthy fat..such as from nuts, avocados or olive oil I don't really pay TOO much attention to the fat content because it's a healthy fat. I do take into account however fats I get from dairy products, meats, etc. I wouldn't worry much about it, you need the good fats!
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a good source of calories and they have the good fat in them. I eat nuts everyday, Almonds, cashews, pecans....I just watch the portion size and choose lower fat options for the remainder of my meals.
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    but how do I keep track of the healthy fat versus non healthy fat because they both show up here and I know my fat intake is going to show red soon
  • dogmeat
    dogmeat Posts: 83
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the total fat count - it can be largely irrelevant. What's relevant for your health is that the fat you eat is mostly poly/monounsaturated, low in saturated, and free of trans fats.