First 5K Completed!!

Options
Hey all! I've seen a couple other people share their accomplishment of completing a run so I thought I would share my success/NSV as well.

Today was my first official 5k run. I ran for Spay the Stray; Humane Society of Calumet.

My time for this distance before was about 34 minutes, today I came in at 28:40!!! I was 5th in my age group and 58th overall (out of over 120+ I think thats pretty good)

4 months ago I couldn't run down my block without feeling like I was going to pass out, IF I even made it to the end of the block before I stopped running and gave in to the walking. Don't ever think you can't do it!! You can, you just hae to get up and start somewhere!!

Replies

• DOB1973
    DOB1973 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well done you. An excellent time as well, you should be proud.
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thats fab and very inspiring:-)
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great time!
  • deweyz
    Options
    Congrats! Great time! And not bad for 4 months in...I never thought I was *that* out of shape (I'd be fine for a 5 mile hike, but didn't run at all), and when I started running it took me over a year to build up to a 5k. You're obviously sticking to it & pushing yourself a lot. Keep it up & as always, be careful to avoid injuries as you build distance & speed.
    Again, Very impressive first race.
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    You should feel proud! Congratulations on the accomplishment and showing everyone it's not how you start, it's how you finish!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!
  • almamiranda
    almamiranda Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job! There is no greater feeling than crossing the finish line!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Super job! You are doing great!
  • juniemcb
    juniemcb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yea!! Inspirational!
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Holy Crizzap! Thats a screaming fast time.. Congrats! You must feel like a million bucks..
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What a great accomplishment :)

I love to participate in 2-3 5ks a year but, i do them walking with a little jog here and there ( shins cant handle the entire run). That was a good cause you did it for as well. Those are the best ones.

I am signed up for one in Nov called Free to Breath that benefits lung cancer. This will be my 3rd year doing this one. Its takes me anywhere from 47-55 minutes to do mine walking .

Keep looking for more of them and keep doing it! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • SInder2
    SInder2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bet you had a blast! I love all the people when ever I go race. Totally feel pumped up and happy for the rest of the day. Stick with it, sounds like you may have been born to be a runner!
  • chicken2v
    chicken2v Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's quite an achievement! Well done!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Love this! Great work!
  • kelseysarah002
    kelseysarah002 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    amazing!! wtg i set a goal to run my first 5k in january! cant wait! i have been running tyrying to gain endurance and speed its amazing to see the transformation just in my short amount of time running! i cant wait to be able to post about my first 5K and am so inspired to read about other new runners stories!! keep it up!! congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!