New and diabetic... I need support and friends!!

Options
Just started MFP and need to control my intake. I dont eat a lot of food, I just eat the wrong foods, and not sure where to start and what to eat... I would love any help anyone could offer.. Thanks so much!

Replies

• katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    just sent you a request... Good LUck, stick with you, everyone offers a lot of support and info!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am a T2D...diagnosed May 2011. Free free to add me, if you wish. :)
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Good luck , all the inspiration you need is right here :)
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You need to set your carbs as well as calories to manage your intake. Check out the Q&As re Diabetes. Add me as a friend if you want and good luck on your journey!
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    I've love to support in any way!!!! Welcome!
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just started MFP and need to control my intake. I dont eat a lot of food, I just eat the wrong foods, and not sure where to start and what to eat... I would love any help anyone could offer.. Thanks so much!

I am hopeful that you are able to meet up with a nutritionist/dietician, so they can help tailor your pantry to your needs.

My hubby is a Type I (diagnosed at age 8) and I now look to him for advice when we go out for dinner, as he has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to choosing the better (and more filling) carbs and calories. Mind you, he's not a "by-the-book" diabetic because each diabetic has their own unique needs. A lot of what he chooses, would make strangers freak-out, but he's learned how to incorporate "regular food" into his diet (not as in "diet to lose weight" but "diet" as in the way he eats every day for life.)

It's not a matter of "well I can't have *any* of *that* anymore" but more of choosing *what* you will have and then *how much*. In a way, it's like a lot of folks here: offset X to have Y by doing Z. (sorry, I'm bad at math *and* analogies ;))

I'm willing to help in any way I can, so add me if you like :)
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friends request, I too am a T2D, I was diagnosed June 2010.