Have to have my wedding ring resized

Options
Who knew you could lose weight in your fingers? My ring is too loose to wear now so I had to take it off, happy and sad moment.

Replies

• fit30s
    fit30s Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I often don't wear mine, for the same reason. More often, I don't wear my engagement ring, because it's heavier and more likely to get lost. I've only lost about 30-35 pounds since I first received the engagement ring. I really don't want to get it resized, because I have already done so twice - smaller when I first received it, then shortly after, larger because I wasn't happy with it small. What if I get it reduced, and then regret it later, when I'm 50, 60, or 100?

Well done on the weight loss, by the way...
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think I started to lose weight in my hands first actually. My ring is quite loose on me, and it was actually tight to begin with as the style I got didn't come in half sizes. It slips off easily now and I've had to search my bed for it at times in the morning as it has slipped off in the middle of the night. I'm unsure how resizing is done though and as it has writing around it I'm wondering how it will be affected.
  • radworld
    radworld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was surprised, too! I lost 116 pounds and went from a ring size 7 3/4 to a 5 1/2. If you have more weight to lose I recommend waiting until you've hit your goal weight before you resize it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've been told.mine cannot be resized as you can only go.down a couple of sizes and mine is 5 or 6 sizes too big x
  • pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    that's wonderful news. congratulations!!!
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I wear mine on my middle finger now lol. I don't want to have it resized :( I'm afraid something will happen to the engraving!
  • marie_eve_78
    marie_eve_78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's a coincidence. I stopped wearing mine this morning because I'm afraid I might lose it. I don't want to resize it yet though, in case I lose more weight.

I'm wearing my engagement ring now instead :)
  • mrsmustgetmuscles1
    Options
    I have the same issue. It fits ok most of time but if my hands get cold at all is starts to slip around at which point I've been switching it over to my right hand instead. My husband actually has the same problem as well since he started losing weight, and his ring isn't re-sizable. You lose weight all over, hands and feet...most of my sandles are now too big because my feet aren't as wide as they used to be. Kind of amazing all the places fat likes to hide : ) Good luck on the resizing and congrats on the weight lose.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I had to take it off, happy and sad moment.
    no--not sad!! it's all good~

hmmmmm.....do I sense a golden:flowerforyou: opportunity for a renewal of a proposal:love::love: :love: ?
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Put it on a necklace if it won't stay on your finger (until you hit your goal).
  • gergie
    gergie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    your ring can be re-sized both ways up and down, I know this cause I've had it done. Lost 57 lbs 5 yrs ago and had to get it smaller then in the next 5 yrs had to get it stretched to fit :sad:
    unfortunately,getting it stretched is easy, but to make it smaller involves cutting out a piece of the gold, welding it back together and therefor decreasing the overall value of the ring.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That's a GREAT feeling! Congrats!

My original wedding ring was a size 11.5 when I was 291 lbs and since then, I have gone to a 9.5 and now I am at a 9.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!