New and needing friends

Options
Hi all
I'm new to MFP and although I joined a year ago I never really focussed on it and soon gave up. Anyway, since then I'm in the process of divorcing my husband. I live alone with my two lovely teenagers and between them and my job I find I'm really busy. The weekends are a different matter though, as I've realised I have no friends at all. I see people around me spending their time with friends, doing lovely things together and I feel so incredibly lonely. Apart from being friendly with people at work, I don't have a soul I can call a friend who actually wants to spend time with me.
So, with MFP and help from you lovely people in the forums, hopefully I can turn things around, lose some weight, gain some confidence and go out there and find some friends. x
ps. I'll post a picture as soon as I find a decent one :)

Replies

• zigeuner62
    Options
    Hi and welcome :) This is a great site and you will get lots of motivation. I'm fairly new to the site too. Feel free to Friend me if you like.
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Good luck for your journey to a healthier happier you :)
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I just friend requested you.
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Went thru a divorce also and know what you mean about friends. This site is awesome and the people are too!!!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP, if you want to add me feel free, either way all the best on your journey:smile:
  • pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome,

i'm in a similar situation as you except i'm not divorcing my husband..yet!

I don't have anyone I can call either to help me or comfort me when I need it and it's awful. my self esteem is in the negative and i can't even count on my family.

anyway, feel free to add me as a friend!! maybe we can help each other.

Paula
  • jojo1410
    Options
    Hi all
    Thank you so much for the lovely welcome. I feel this is going to be the start of something great. Thanks for all the friend requests too, it'll be great to keep in touch!
    x
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    Jojo, I just friend requested you. :)
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    Hey Jojo,

I would absolutely love to connect. I just started on this site and could use the kinship as well. :)

You're going through tremendous changes at the moment, so try to go easy on yourself. As you build more confidence, you will gain many new friends, and in the meantime, you have a really great opportunity to discover and celebrate all of the wonderful things within.

Friend request incoming...

-C.C.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • htzen
    htzen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you a request too, support from others is key to weight loss!! We're in it together :)
  • jojo1410
    Options
    Hi CC
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Your profile makes fun reading! And I love the username. Here's to our success!
    x
  • Lindylaloo
    Lindylaloo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat new! It always helps to have people in your corner going through similar struggles! Good luck!
  • pattie317
    pattie317 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • cswinn42
    cswinn42 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! I'm new too!:smile:
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    Hi CC
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Your profile makes fun reading! And I love the username. Here's to our success!
    x

Thanks! I thought I better make this fun in some way to keep me going. And yes, here's to our success--cheers! :)

-C.C.
  • cswinn42
    Options
    How do you put your Ticker on here?
  • cswinn42
    Options
    Hi I'm Carrie, new to MFP
  • ceajules
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/173980249370411/

just copy and paste

Its all Withering A Weigh 182 members all shapes and sizes men and women young and old we are very motivated and alot of us use My Fitness Pal

We would love to have you
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I could use some friends for some support and motivation too as I find that it's a waning a bit. I'm going to friend request a few of you guys. Good luck with your journeys!