Super healthy desserts/sweet treats

Options
Lately I have been CRAVING sweets...usually not normal. Anyone have any good recipes to try that are low in calories and super healthy and quick to have either as a dessert or a little sweet treat? I am thinking of desert tea as well but i love to munch. LOVE chocolate.

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    this may be higher in calories than you would like, but i have this every night before bed, it is AMAZING for recovery and it tastes like ice cream

1 scoop casein protein (i use ON cookies n cream...chocolate tastes good too)
    1 TBSP of natural peanut butter (or 2 TBSP PB2 to cut calories)
    add almond milk and mix until pudding like consistancy (about 3/4 cup)

mix and freeze for around 40 min
    seriously, amazing.
    006.jpg
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is awesome.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt + fresh raspberries + honey. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Caramel Flavored rice waffels (Snack a Jack) 52 Kcal per cake, but oh so yummy.
    And the paprika flavor when you crave chips.

Trust me. more than 3 and you are filled up.
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Miss Nations has it right. I eat greek yogurt witth berries and honey daily as my sweet treat.
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    Ice cream is awesome.

THIS!!! i buy the sugar free vanilla (90 cal). and cones (15 calories) you can only reasonably get about a serving on a small cone... so at 105 calories, i can eat one almost every night after dinner. the strawberry is really tasty too. here's an extra.... you can add a bit of sugar free raspberry jelly to a serving of vanilla for about 5 calories more!!!
    WARNING though! a 1/2 cup serving of icecream looks sad in a bowl. and not nearly as satifying as the same amount on a cone....
  • pudgypuss
    Options
    mashed and frozen bananas mixed with either peanut butter or almond butter, with some mini chocolate chips. super tasty and better than ice cream!
  • Finchtastic1
    Finchtastic1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    These all sound really good. I've also heard that if you have crazy cravings for chocolate you could be low on magnesium. I have this terrible snacking when bored problem that i'm trying to break but some days/nights i need sweet. Keep them coming! I saw a reciped for one minute blueberry muffin on pinterest and i wanna make that!
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    I like frozen fruit (I put it in the microwave just long enough to thaw it out a bit). Frozen blueberries are pretty good too.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love frozen grapes. Has anyone used the "yonana" machine? I was thinking about getting one, but I'd like to get a recommendation before I buy.
  • MirandaKeeler
    MirandaKeeler Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't know any good recipes, but my favorite dessert now that I'm dieting are those 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels. They are the perfect portion size and they really satisfy a sweet tooth.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joes near you....their new mini blueberry cheesecake ice cream bars. Only 100 calories a wedge & they taste like a strawberry shortcake Popsicle in blueberry form. Seriously to die for!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    AH i have chocolate cravings too! people say dark chocolate squares help, but i always end up chowing down on too much in a moment of weakness if i have it in the house.

HH445361-2.jpg

^^^you NEED this chocolate flavored tea though. NO calories, chocolate taste, its nutty too, tastes SO good. i recommend it!

for a sweet treat though, i usually freeze a banana with half a scoop of chocolate protein powder. its like, chocolate ice cream haha tastes so good. for something lighter i freeze watermelon chunks! great to throw them in a blender and freeze them into cups. that way i can just go in the freezer and get some `italian ice!`
  • JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Deep Dish Cookie Pie: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/31/deep-dish-cookie-pie/ (its made with garbanzo beans, oats, applesauce, etc instead of flour, butter...) about 200 calories per slice.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I love mashing up a banana and mixing plain yogurt and cocoa powder into it. Sometimes with protein powder or ground almonds or coconut or whatever and eat that. You could also freeze it and have a chocolate banana frozen yogurt if you wanted.
  • knittinggrad
    Options
    Look up pudding recipes that use ricotta. There's a lot of tiramisu recipes. My personal favorite is to mix 1/2 cup ricotta, cinnamon, a little sugar, and vanilla, and top with frozen (defrosted) blueberries. If you use fat-free ricotta, it's about 100 calories and has tons of protein.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping for all the goodies mentioned...thanks to all of you!
  • Dinah2
    Dinah2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love all the Blue Bunny frozen yogurt. The caramel praline crunch,chocolate cherry bordeaux, and the lowfat homemade vanilla are all 1/2 cup for 120 calories and has all the probiotics. The fat free homemade vanilla is 1/2 cup for 90 calories. All of them really good if you are craving ice cream. The fat free vanilla tastes like homemade ice cream but the other flavors are really good also

Dinah
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My three favorites...

1. Greek yogurt with fresh fruit.
    2. Take some banana, slice it up, freeze it. Take frozen bananas and blend them or put them in a food processor. It will come out to an ice cream like consistency and is yummy! You can add chocolate protein powder or cocoa to it as well.
    3. Weight watchers ice cream bars. Many are only 100 calories or less and are tasty.
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    My favorite right now is Keebler Right Bites 100 Cal Fudge Stripes Dark Chocolate. It helps fix my chocolate crave.