Trying to re-lose weight after a surprise

Hi All,

I suffer with PCOS and I have become sick of thinking and worrying about my weight.

Almost 3 years ago I was fed up with my weight, sick of it being in control of my life, and my thoughts so I went almost completely sugar free for a year and a half and lost 55lbs. Of course with having PCOS as soon as I lost the weight my issues with getting pregnant vanished and I became pregnant with my second son. I love him, and wouldn't trade him for anything but it has been 5 1/2 months since having him and after gaining 65lbs during my pregnancy and thanks to PPD gaining a little extra after losing 15 lbs again I am stuck in the same place I was before only this time with no energy to fight the bulge. So here I am, looking for help, friends, understanding and support! Hopefully I am able to find some of the things I am looking for here on myfitnesspal.com.

Replies

• rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    hi when i lost all of my energy i had my theroid checked, and that was my problem.. good pills and great weight loss.
  • I had that checked it all came back fine. I know my hormones are not exactly helping my energy level, thanks to the PCOS but I have defeat it previously that is why I am looking for support and others :) Hopefully this is the right place.
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    There was a woman who posted her PCOS success story recently.. really quite remarkable and inspirational! I recommend searching for it!
  • I wish you all the best losing the weight again. I gained quite a bit with both of my pregnancies and am finally making the effort to lose as well. I also found out that after my second child I have problems with my thyroid as well. If you would like a friend on your journey, add me to your list. I would be happy to support you.
  • Feel free yo add me. You can do this. Just take it one dsy at a time...
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Hi! Welcome to myfitnesspal. Glad you found this site, it's helped me immensely and I know it's helped many others. I too have medical complications that make weight loss necessary but difficult. I don't have PCOS but I see it come up a lot in posts. I'm sure you will find many people who are in the same boat you are. It's really helpful to have friends and a support group of people who know where you are coming from.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey! If you'd like feel free to add me as a friend :)