5' 2" Goal Weight / Measurements?

Options
I've gone from almost 200 lbs to 149 since January -- dropped from size 14/16 to 6/8.

Started with MFP a few months ago with the goal of getting to 120...I'm eager to hear current measurements / goal measurements of other women my size. I work out a lot and am a little confused as to if my weight is due to muscle and perhaps 120 is too low?

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Depends on your frame size. I'm 5'2" medium frame, and really happy at about 125 pounds.
  • GeekMom17
    Options
    I'm about 135 now. I'm 5'2 as well.

I'm a size 5/6.

120 is my ultimate goal but since I have a lot of muscle I might not be able to get that low without losing muscle. Maybe hit 130 and see how much fat your have left to lose. I'm still a good bit flabby at 135 so I know at least 10 more pounds will do me well.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im 5''2 with a medium frame and look the best at 120 125
    Im 140 right now and goal of 125 and see when I get there. My mid section is were I hold all my weight so I look bigger than I am I think anyway.

Im also a size 12-13 in pants because of my apple shape it sucks. They hang off my but and legs but fit in the waist
  • katiekrusher
    Options
    Being short gives you no wiggle room with your weight, I hate it!

I am also 5'2 120 pounds. My goal is 115, though I have a lot of muscle so getting down to that weight doesn't bother me as much as it did before.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Depends on your frame size. I'm 5'2" medium frame, and really happy at about 125 pounds.

me too.

i am 5.2 ft and now 122 as of this am. 20 lb loss but has taken me since nov to do it. my goal was 125 but figure i will go as low as 120 and then i can bounce around between 120-125 and be happy. I also have a medium build. I went from a size 9/10- 11 to a 3-5 now. i still would love to lose 1 more inch off my hips and lower belly, .5 inch off my waist and .5 inch off my thighs... so maybe i will hit that in the next month or so then i will focus more on toning and doing my dvd's again.
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2 3/4" Ha ha ha. Every bit counts! I agree that it depends on your frame. I'm size 4 to 5 right now. I'm usually size 2 to 4. I'm petite boned so when I gain even 10 lbs it's very noticeable. (to me anyway) My cloths get just too tight or don't even fit.
  • ljc73
    ljc73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm about 135 now. I'm 5'2 as well.

I'm a size 5/6.

120 is my ultimate goal but since I have a lot of muscle I might not be able to get that low without losing muscle. Maybe hit 130 and see how much fat your have left to lose. I'm still a good bit flabby at 135 so I know at least 10 more pounds will do me well.

Yeah, I have significant flab in my mid-section and inner thighs. I guess I'll reassess at 130 - 135... thank you all!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm five one 1/2 - do I qualify? I'm 250+ right now, aiming for 135 (which I haven't seen in about 30 years or so). I had a waistline back then. Probably 29 inches. I have a small build. Narrow shoulders, tiny hands and feet (size 6).
  • michellecrance
    michellecrance Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet even and 129 right now. My goal is also 120.

I am down from 170lbs and a size 14 to 129 lbs and a size 6.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    To be fair, I should mention I was down to 123 and not satisfied, but the scale wasn't moving, so I upped my calories and started heavy lifting. Three months later, I weigh 3-4 pounds more, but my thighs and tummy are both slimmer and tighter and all of my "skinny" pants are falling off. So, it's not an entirely weight-based happiness.
  • LaurenLite
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 1/2 but I'm super small framed (always have been). Don't compare yourself to others, find where YOU are comfortable and go with it. Congrats on your work, so far!!! Great job!
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    I'm the same height and weight 110. Small frame. I wouldn't mind gaining weight if it meant I had more muscle. :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    5'2" and CW is 245.6, chest 44', waist 44", and hips 59.5". Yeah, pear shape for sure. My GW is 140 which I'd like to be January 2014. I picked that weight because it's borderline 'healthy' on charts and those are what doctors go by. :grumble: I don't have goal measurements. I really want my chest to stick out much farther than my belly and to be able to be small enough to have a decent choice for jeans.:noway:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i don't know if age has anything to do with it but i'm almost 36 and my dr said she didn't want me to go under 120.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 , have a medium frame and am currently 123 with a goal weight of 120-115
    Ive been adding more stationary exercises to try and tone my body/ slim it down...
    Id like my legs to be thinner and my tummy less puffy...
    but we ALL have different shapes, frames, genetics , and body measurements...
    what may look good on one may NOT be whats right for another... :smile:
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" almost and about 135 now usually a size 6. I want to be at 125 which usually puts me at a sz 4-6. I guess every bit does count because it is so hard for me to lose any lbs.
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    5'2 125lbs
    waist 26.5in
    hips 33in
    butt35.5
    size1/2
    im ok with everything most days i wanted 115 but since strength training i put on 5lbs so that goal went out the window, just gonna keep doion what im doin :)
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' even, 110lbs with a muscular/athletic build
    I wear a 0 at my current weight & wouldn't mind adding some more muscle on.
  • warden1962
    Options
    I am 5'2" and started at 150 officially, but had gotten as high as 158. My goal when I started MFP was to lose 5 pounds. I am currently 127 to 130 depending on the day. I am very happy at this weight as I am in a healthy BMI range for once. I am 50 and noticed over the last several years it has been challenging to maintain a healthy weight, but this site has made it possible. So don't get caught up in the numbers, you need to account for your age and frame. Eat sensibly and don't deprive yourself to be a slave to the scale!
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly 5'2" and have a very small frame. When I joined MFP last Dec, my goal weight was 115 but I continued to shed body fat and pounds after I started lifting 3-4 times a week. I switched to Maintenance mode in mid-May and have stayed at 100 lbs since then. I eat between 1800 and 2000 calories every day.