Healthy Meal Replacement bars/drinks?

Options
Does anyone know of any? I work from 5-9 PM most nights, and I need a quick something I can have for dinner either before I go, or when work slows down (I am a waitress). Thanks!

Replies

• Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Also, It would be best if they were low in sugar, and available in a store like Walmart or Redners.
  • SherryLynn1960
    SherryLynn1960 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for one too. I go to work really early some days, and am not ready to eat before I go. Slim fast has too much sugar.
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    Anybody???
  • victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started Body By Vi Protein Shakes. I absolutely love them, love how I have been feeling since I started having them. Everyone has their own opinion on protein shakes but I have noticed such a difference and I am very happy. They are very filling and many of recipes to keep the flavors interesting. If you have any questions feel free to msg me :)
  • jenmurray116
    jenmurray116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The one I use and love is -

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Shake (Chocolate fudge flavor)

Calories 110
    Fat 3g/saturated fat 0g
    Sodium 260mg
    Potassium 440mg
    carbs 2g
    Sugar 0g
    Protein 17g

I'm pretty sure it's available at Walmart, though I get it at my local supermarket
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    The one I use and love is -

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Shake (Chocolate fudge flavor)

Calories 110
    Fat 3g/saturated fat 0g
    Sodium 260mg
    Potassium 440mg
    carbs 2g
    Sugar 0g
    Protein 17g

I'm pretty sure it's available at Walmart, though I get it at my local supermarket

Thanks, but I am looking for something more in the 300 calorie range, ifthat is even possible! It is in place of dinner, and I will eat nothing else with it, and I don't want my day to go below 1200 calories.
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    Bump! I work tonight!:ohwell:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Detour makes low sugar protein bars that you can get at Walgreens. I also have seen Balance Bar Carb Well bars at Walmart and Walgreens. Both taste great!
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    Detour makes low sugar protein bars that you can get at Walgreens. I also have seen Balance Bar Carb Well bars at Walmart and Walgreens. Both taste great!

Thanks!
  • Pandasarecool
    Options

Do you know how many calories they have? I am looking for something in the 300-400 range, so I can eat it in place of dinner and not be hungry till breakfast the next morning...
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    eat 2 of them. balance bars are 190...the detour come in 2 sizes--either way 300-400 calories isn't much for dinner.
  • lmeola18
    Options
    Lara bars are about 200-250 calories each. Maybe you can eat two. The sugar isn't super low but it's all natural, the ingredients are just fruit and nuts. They're delicious too!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I've been supplementing/adding Boost protein shakes with my meals. 240 extra calories so that I can meet my calorie goal.
  • ginabops
    Options
    I use Herbalife shake with extra protein mix with milk comes almost to 260 calories. Its considered a meal replacement so it should fill you up.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder to make drinks!

I like kashi fiber and protein bars and fiber one oats and chocolate for premade bars

I also like to make my own bars using peanut butter, applesauce, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, textured vegetable protein, and ground flax seeds, or whatever I have on hand!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    You can spend hours reading the labels on all of the bars at the major chain outlets. They are mostly packed with processed sugar in disguise, although it is great to see some posts here alluding otherwise.

There are web sites where you can order custom bars. Check Google. I also occasionally try recipes I find online but have failed miserably each time.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I've used herbalife in the past -they use fructose so it has quite a low GI its just the cost that puts me off.. The other thing I've done is to make my own - some cheap protein powder blended with oatmeal in a liquidizer and perhaps a banana to give it flavor - if you try you need to balance the oatmeal to get the right consistency because it absorbs water and can turn into thick gloop if you overdo it. I've mixed in chocolate flavor protein along with a few spoons of instant coffee if I'm working late to give me a healthy(ish) energy boost as well as a good meal replacement. You can mix in anything you like really
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    When on the go or after a workout I use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein (Walmart $14.99, 5lb tub) 2 scoops 180 calories. The flavors I have tried are vanilla, chocolate and chocolate peanut butter. I use Silk unsweetened vanilla(35 cal) or chocolate(45 cal) to mix the protein powder.
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I eat pure protein bars....they are good, 180 cal..4.5gm of fat..20g of protein.. 17 carbs
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you mix the protein powder with almond milk or similar that will up the calorie content.