Super healthy desserts/sweet treats

Options
2»

Replies

• woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin Knock-Offs of Whole Food’s 6 Dollar per 4 Chocolate Chunk VitaTop Muffins

Ingredients:

1 3/4 c oats
    • 3 egg whites
    • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    •1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    •1 tsp. vanilla extract
    •1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
    •1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or 1-1/2 Tbsp. vinegar)
    •1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
    •1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
    •1/4 tsp. salt
    •1 cup hot water
    •1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 1/4 cup + 2 tbs stevia
    •1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white chocolate or peanut butter chips!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
    In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
    Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
    Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
    Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. *Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional ‘VitaTop Muffin’ look with the chocolate chips on top!
    Cool muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!!
    Servings: 12 Big Muffins or 24 Smaller Muffins
    Calories: 116 Calories Per Muffin or 58 Calories Per Muffin
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Take your favorite yogurt and blend it with frozen fruit to make "frozen yogurt." Freeze bananas and eat like ice cream, or just have a small amount of real ice cream. Chocolate milk, bowl of Cocoa Krispies, or a couple of squares of 85% dark chocolate fix my chocolate cravings.
  • I just mixed two scoops of chocolate muscle milk with 4 oz of skim milk and then mixed that into a cup of vanilla greek yogurt. Stuck it in the freezer for a while until the sides were starting to freeze and then mixed it up, it was like delicious thick chocolate frozen yogurt. It isn't low calorie by any means but oh man it filled me up and the macros on it are fantastic. It's pretty much the best way to make a meal out of a sweet treat. :)

Calories: 473
    Carbs: 37
    Fat: 12
    Protein: 52
    Fiber: 5
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love frozen grapes. Has anyone used the "yonana" machine? I was thinking about getting one, but I'd like to get a recommendation before I buy.

I don't have a yonana, but when I was researching to buy one I discovered that my juice extractor would do the same thing. We use that to make the yonana "ice cream." It's YUM!
  • mconway79
    mconway79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Almonds, walnuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, and dates in a food processor. Little bit of water to make it moist. Form into balls on some parchment and chill. Sweet but not too sugary. Just a little treat, make them and store them for when you are craving.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hersheys 60% special dark bar 2 Squares. Not too bitter and its a low glycemic food.
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Try putting some fat free cool whip between 2 garahm crackers and freezing them. Super easy, super low Cal and super yummy! Also, skinnytaste.com is my most favorite website ever! She has amazing recipes not only for dessert but everything you can imagine. Calorie counts are listed for everything and she uses mostly common ingredients, not one of those that uses random expensive stuff that you never keep in the house. :)
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
  • danitameyer
    Options
    skinny cow makes a great ice cream sandwich! Also, weight watchers ice cream is really good. I have also gotten great sweet tooth results from "Goldfish smores". they are really good, and you get 52 pieces for only 140 calories.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump for the "vita muffin" recipe YUM