Looking younger?

Options
I was grocery shopping and saw a woman I used to work with and had not seen in about five years. She didn't recognize me... I was pretty flattered when she told me that I looked younger now than I did then. I don't know how true that is but I was dressed like a 12 your old boy; shorts, tee and baseball hat. She was going on about how much weight I've lost since I had seen her last (preMFP was about 30 lbs more than my starting weight here so she worked with me when I was about #120 bigger than now). Losing weight is kinda an emotional roller coaster, seeing progress but still fat, afraid of failure with moments of pride, wanting to tell people about NSV's but maybe those are only interesting to me.

Replies

• Cheryl_66
    Cheryl_66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Why does my ticker say 23 lbs lost when it was 92lbs a few minutes ago? What the heck did I eat??? Lol
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Why does my ticker say 23 lbs lost when it was 92lbs a few minutes ago? What the heck did I eat??? Lol

lol

I can relate to the NSVs... that's why you have MFP! Tell your friends here. People IRL are less excited about that stuff haha... usually it just makes them feel bad about themselves since they're not doing what you are.

I also found - when I lost 60 lbs over a year many years ago - that it took a LONG time for my head to catch up with my brain. I still felt like the fat girl. I'd catch a glimpse of myself in a window and think, "Woah! Who was that?!" lol ... it took at least a year of maintaining that loss before I started to realize I was very different... looked different and acted different. I was a new woman for sure. It takes time though...
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do think excess weight ages you.....not just on the inside but on the outside. Plus, when you're feeling better about yourself you naturally smile more and a smile always makes us look younger! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!