Need support, weight loss progress is sucking

Options
Hey guys,

I just went up the scale and am up by 3-4 pounds. Am so sad and am disappointed. I do have an office job which is at times stressful and have family issues too, but I want to be a size 6 again so I am pushing for this weight loss,

But my results are very up and down.

Today I went shopping and most of the cloths I picked (which used to be my old size) did not fit :(( pretty ****ty feeling I must say.

Replies

• anahita84
    Options
    Also, please feel free to look up my diary and give me your feedback.
  • arwen3
    Options
    What kinds of workouts do you do?
  • anahita84
    Options
    I usually run the threadmill for 20 mins or do Bikram Yoga.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Are you sure that you aren't just retaining water? Happens to me every month if you know what I mean. :blushing:
  • arwen3
    Options
    Do you have time for more? Your food isn't really the issue (though you don't eat enough... I know I know, hard to believe). I do yoga almost daily, but you really need strength training to make a difference. Muscle burns fat... Even while you sleep. I do yoga, barre method, and many other things, depending on how I feel that day... Just a question of time.
  • anahita84
    Options
    How do you like yoga and how has it help you stay in shape?
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I went back a few days and from that I would say eat more fruits and veggies and less chocolate chip cookies. If you need/want a chocolate fix then buy some dark chocolate and only eat a little bit, like less than 100 calories per day. I'll have a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips, 80 calories, every so often. Also Fiber One has a 60 or 90 calorie brownie. Also increase your water intake. Good luck!
  • arwen3
    Options
    Oh I could go on and on! It helps more than anything I've ever done. I'm totally convinced core strength helps with every other workout you do. I take a class similar to crossfit and even the instructor is amazed at my endurance. All due to yoga!
  • arwen3
    Options
    Absolutely agree. I'm known to my friends as a veggie & water pimp! Always pushing em. I think you also maybe need a bit more protein. Protein builds muscle and, like I said, muscle burns fat. I too keep a stash of dark chocolate around. It's always safe in moderation.