Indian Food

Options
I am going to try Indian food tomorrow for the first time. I'm not overly concerned with staying exactly in my calories for the day (especially since I've been under all week), but I'm wondering what some decent options are. Looking at the menu online, it seems that most dishes have a LOT of different ingredients so it's hard to know what is full of fat or what is just full of flavor. Thanks!

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    post the link to the menu, it might help
  • PixieP
    PixieP Posts: 2
    Options
    Chicken Tikka Masala is always a good choice. I like to ask for it really spicy too!
  • disgustipated
    disgustipated Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just went to an Indian place today and am struggling on how to record in MFP. I pretty much blew it out, but I did a morning and evening session of cardio so hopefully it counters lunch.

1st suggestion is to avoid the Naan. Ask for Roti, which is a whole wheat bread.
    Tandoori chicken is excellent.
    Despite the previous post, I would stay away from chicken or beef masala as it has a cream based sauce. Though it is yummy.

Place I went to is called kebab n kurry. do a google search and you and can find it online. it has a good menu and descriptions of each item.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options

roti and chapati
    tandooris
    lamb curry, lamb and mushroom, lamb mango
    beef curry, beef jalfrazie, beef and mushroom
    fish and shrimp curry

Gotta run, wife's headed to bed without me! :yawn: