Ladies ONLY

Options
Does anyone else hate working out when its that time of the month:grumble:

Replies

• msladyface
    Options
    YES - especially the first couple of days - no energy, bloated, just feel plain gross! :grumble: Right there with you!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I don't enjoy it but I do find that it makes my period lighter.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I actually dont mind =) I can get some pretty severe cramps unless i have been working out, or discontinue working out during, so its great motivation for me to keep going through the bloating and all. :drinker:
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have no desire to workout or diet during "the time"......And it's ironic, because that's the time I feel HORRIBLE about the way I look lol
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to get up off the couch....let alone work out and get all sweaty. Ugg!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I hate working out in general lol
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I hate working out in general lol

:laugh:

that's pretty funny stuff!!!!!!!!!

ya, it's tough... especially during that time of the month. but think about what you overcome by doing it??? just trying to be postive! :bigsmile: We'll see in a couple weeks how I do! I've only been on this program for about a month...
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i hate it too, but I do find it eases the cramps and flow a bit
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    You know how they say if you are in a household or workspace with other ladies your TOM will synchronize? Do you think that applies to online spaces, too?? :laugh:

My Aunt Flo showed up 4 DAYS EARLY this month and isn't plannin on leavin any earlier!

So, the question, do I hate working out when it's my TOM? I can name only a few things that I DON'T hate during TOM and that's food and exercise. I love to work up a really good sweat, even if I totally crash afterwards.

Get sweatin and feel better!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel better. it actually helps with the cramping.
  • jenng38
    jenng38 Posts: 105
    Options
    The only thing I can do at that time, at least for the first 2 days is go for walks, like with the dog, or on the treadmill. I don't do any heavy duty workouts like sit ups or lifting weights. I just can't. but I find that the walking does help.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I used to, but I don't let it bother me anymore.

I'm good for making excuses not to go to the gym so for me to push myself to go during TOM is actually helping me have less excuses NOT to go to the gym...hope that made sense.
  • jeffreyrashad
    Options
    well what bothers me is that at the first cramp i gain like 2 lbs!!!..:explode: i have to be real careful what i eat and workout a little more to curve it off. But since I;ve been on this site and doing my thing... those 2lbs drop right off on the very last day:bigsmile:
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    even though i hate mine, but i exercise all the time.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I take Tylenol and keep on truckin. Not always fun but it feels better afterwards.
  • bonnykate
    bonnykate Posts: 123
    Options
    well what bothers me is that at the first cramp i gain like 2 lbs!!!..:explode: i have to be real careful what i eat and workout a little more to curve it off. But since I;ve been on this site and doing my thing... those 2lbs drop right off on the very last day:bigsmile:

that's probably because you're retaining a bunch of water around that time :)
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yep :smile:
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I hate working out at that time. I'm achy, bloated, and super crabby, but I do find that working out helps ease frustration and eases the cramps a bit. I'm a swimmer, so I'm extra self-conscious at that time too! I just put on my darkest suit and try not to stand still too long. Plus, I bring extra towels to sit on...just in case there's an overflow!