Does anyone else drink too much during the weekend?

Options
I don't like that I drink shots because my other friends drink. Sometimes I like to drink to living up the mood. I now regret it since I have bad hiccups at the moment, for drinking so fast. Does anyone else drink too much to regret it during the weekend?

Replies

• suwonfish
    Options
    Where I live there is no social life without booze. Weekends are always tricky for me. Sometimes I leave cals for booze but it means on 1,320 cals I don't get much nutrition on the weekends.

Grrrrr, it's not easy...
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I think it's generally more of a challenge for younger people, as drinking for entertainment is such a core part of most young singles' social lives.

Your friends will get used to you not drinking as heavily as they do though if you stick with it for a couple of outings. At first they harass you, but then they just get used to it and no longer notice what you do or don't drink.
  • VickyJo68
    VickyJo68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Only when I'm on holiday, but back to the grind to tomorrow !
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Do fake vodka shots. Put mineral water in shot glasses when it's your round and down them all in front of your friends. Only we will know your dirty secret.
  • VickyJo68
    VickyJo68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Not the only secrets though ;)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Used to,
    been clean now for 12 months (except for half a shot)
  • AbzRocks
    Options
    On Sunday's I have a hard time, that's when my weekend starts.........and I always regret it... But always do it again???
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I dont drink a lot. Maybe two or three drinks per weekend. However, I find that if I do it continuously it is counter productive to my weight loss. It also gives me a belly.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Used to drink quite heavily, knocked the drink on the head a month ago now I fill my time with swimming and kickboxing, have 1 or 2 drinks max per week as its easier than going cold turkey
  • ssimmons1214
    Options
    I like a Beer every now and again and since its football season its as staple in my fridge my problem is 1 leads to 2 which leads to losing count and a massive headache in the morning! And it ruins my diet for the day maybe even week all the calories in it! Wish they had a zero calorie beer! Im gonna have to give it up if Im gonna lose weight.
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    When I was younger that's all we did; go out and drink but then that's where the bad eating came into effect too....it's 1 AM you are hungry and buzzed...let's stop at Taco Bell. I think that most likely is where I gained all my weight. Oh and don't forget the crappy yucky hungover feeling you had for most of the day Saturday or Sunday from going out the night before.
    Now that I am a bit older I really don't have any desire to get all crazy and drink to much to feel yucky the next day...it's happened once in blue moon and it's a reminder to knock it off.
    I enjoy waking up on the weekends, getting my butt to a Zumba class or simply taking my pup for a nice long walk on our bike paths in the area. Why waste the weekend?
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love Florida and summer time! I like to get my "drink on" during the weekend ( love my beer and potato chips!) But I don't like the hangover the next morning and the damage I am doing to my self and the scale. As of now I am trying to cut back BIG TIME ! and I am on super DIET BEER !

Had a great day on the beach yesterday with Bud light select and stacys whole grain chips. I feel great this morning, going to hit church early, then go grocery shopping and paddle board or river ! Then back to the grind Monday with a clear head and a big heart.:smile:
  • trust22
    trust22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes i am guilty... i use to drink every fri sat non stop and that does not help any healthy lifestyle the best thing to do is use a diet coke and rum or something to that affect when drinking not energy drinks or juices or anything like that as it will bloat u for sure or not drink at all i lost 70 lbs two years ago by only drinking water and exerceising so its def best to limit or not at all :)
  • beccah123
    Options
    Ah I know what a pain this is! I'm at university so you can imagine the copious amounts of drinking (on most days too!) and all the crap late night and hangover food! I try to always have vodka and soda cos it's probably the lowest calorie drink you can have, and I try to avoid shots like the plague - 100 calories a sambuca?! I don't think so!
  • rambeau84
    Options
    Use to love to have a couple of glasses of wine on my boat every weekend..gained gained gained no more. Gotta choose which is more important to u..the body or the booze lol
  • mamaward64
    mamaward64 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I regret it every time. I have gained 40lbs since April because my weekend drinking has gotten out of control. You don't have to be young to find entertainment in drinking. Now I just need to stop it, I don't want any 12 step program either.
  • Miahwa
    Options
    I have the same problem, but to achieve my social drinking I have adjusted my choice of poisons.

Bud Select 55 for beer - 55 calories of course :)
    Any of the Absolut flavored vodka and diet tonic - 69 calories per 1 oz

Both of these choices are at least HALF the calories of what I used to drink....and as long as I drink in moderation I can still go out for a night on the town.

I have chosen to stay away from those sugary shots however, so when anyone offers to buy a round, I opt a chilled shot of one of the Absoluts with a slice of lime for a chaser.

I do however, plan very far in advance and account for the 'beer munchies' and prepare something before I go out, put it in a container in the fridge, pre count the calories and log them.

Hope my new habits help out a little!
  • WriterIzzy
    Options
    I don't drink during the week but I always let loose on the weekends and I ALWAYS regret it come Sunday. Kind of like today. My head is foggy and I have a ton of stuff I need to get done, but I'm hungover. Maybe joining this site will help me curb my drinking appetite as well!