lost 11lb in the first 2 weeks!! :)

Options
i have been on MFP before but never really been motivated to continue. The fact i just turned 32 and, for the first time, tipped 20 stone on the scales, frightened me tbh. Time to do something about it. Need to keep this up!

Replies

• SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm completely new here and totally motivated by the number on my scale. I'm not sure what a stone is in pounds (used to know, but can't remember). I have expirienced similar weight loss. I'm waiting for a slow down. I know it will come, but I'm sure enjoying seeing the numbers on the scale go down.
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 lbs in my 1st week, then 2.5, then 1.5, then 4 this past week! Heck as long as it's something right??? I love the beginning though that great kickstart with good numbers. It makes you feel good and prepare for the NSV weeks ahead!
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    I'll def add you. Got to love the support and motivation from others on this site.
  • gracejoe
    Options
    I'm new here too. I'm looking for menu ideas for a 1200 calorie per day diet. I recently joined TOPS, and lost 5.5 lbs. my first week, and then gained 2 lbs. my second week - so disappointed.
  • HSDave
    HSDave Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well done mate. I am 33 and topped 21 and a half stone in January. Made a half hearted attempt to drop some weight and managed about 3 stone between Jan and August.

Am on it in a big way now, and MFP is really helping keep track of everything in, which before was seriously slack.

Good luck mate
  • kevinjohnson999
    Options
    cheers all!
  • kevinjohnson999
    Options
    Well done mate. I am 33 and topped 21 and a half stone in January. Made a half hearted attempt to drop some weight and managed about 3 stone between Jan and August.

Am on it in a big way now, and MFP is really helping keep track of everything in, which before was seriously slack.

Good luck mate

Nice one mate, any particular tips seeing as you are a similar age and starting weight to me?
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I think generally people experience their biggest loss in the first two week.
    I'm super jealous though I've been trying for ages, never go over my 1200 cal, exercise 5 times a week and still only 7lbs down :(
  • seamatt
    Options

Good luck mate

Nice one mate, any particular tips seeing as you are a similar age and starting weight to me?

Not an awful lot really, I have just found MFP and Endomondo has made me more focused.

I have started to have porridge oats made with water every morning and this has stopped my mid morning snacks. I have also cut out all alcohol (difficult one) but seems to be helping.
  • carlydevi
    carlydevi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm really motivated right now, because I lost 10 lbs in the first two weeks, too. It's a great feeling. :)
  • kevinjohnson999
    Options

Good luck mate

Not an awful lot really, I have just found MFP and Endomondo has made me more focused.

I have started to have porridge oats made with water every morning and this has stopped my mid morning snacks. I have also cut out all alcohol (difficult one) but seems to be helping.

THATS my main issue. I have cut down a lot! But still alcohol makes up more of my daily calories than any mealtimes. Really need to just grit my teeth and say farewell to it for a few weeks!
  • madboutfitness
    Options
    I am new to this too, haven't got the complete hang of this yet, but i am getting it in. I was shooting to lose a pound a week, but i lost about 3.5lbs, so i will have to up my calories to about 2500. I think i am in pretty good shape, but i want to see that body fat gone, so i can see the result of my work in the gym.
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work!

I just got over a two-week frustrating "plateau" with no weight loss. As of this morning's weigh-in, I have a total loss of 21 lbs. since I started using this site in July. :smile: This website really works if you can keep your focus and determination!

68 lbs more to go!!
  • Invictus195
    Options
    Great job boss!!!!!!
  • rachaelginge
    rachaelginge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can everyone please add me, would really appreciate the support <3 xx
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I think generally people experience their biggest loss in the first two week.
    I'm super jealous though I've been trying for ages, never go over my 1200 cal, exercise 5 times a week and still only 7lbs down :(

Never going over is probably why you're not losing weight. You need to eat more to lose more. Especially if you're working out.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You just all have to remember, whether it's 5 lbs in one week or .5 pounds in one week you are now lighter than you were before and headed in the right direction! Also, for any of you who are struggling with the back and forth lose and then gain, be sure to measure yourself! I lost 12 inches the first year and didn't go down in weight, so sometimes it takes a little time to get rolling, but I'm glad I started 1 1/2 years ago instead of today even though it's been slow going! Keep going, you all are awesome :)
  • seamatt
    Options

Good luck mate

THATS my main issue. I have cut down a lot! But still alcohol makes up more of my daily calories than any mealtimes. Really need to just grit my teeth and say farewell to it for a few weeks!

You'll be glad you did mate. After a couple of days you don't miss it, and while you get lighter your wallet will be getting heavier.