I going to look better at 50 then I did at 40

Options
Hi :smile:
The bottom line is I am tired of looking like a egg with legs.:laugh:
I am a mom and have been happily married for 26 years. I have worked with people in crisis for 20 years and it never gets boring but it's stressful. So I decided to change the way I have been handling stress. I know that exercise is a big part of stress relief. However, I have eaten my stress for so long I thought diet alone would be enough. I tried every diet out there. I was so tired after work that I would sleep for 3 hrs get up, do a few things and then go back to bed. That's not living.
I happened to try Curves for stress relief, only go 3 x per week for 30 minutes, I didn't feel so tired or as hungry. Finding myfitnesspal was the second part of this winning combo. I have finally found stress relief and weight loss. Who knew:wink:

Faith

Replies

• barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for better at 42 than at 40! Stress was/is a major factor in my weight as well. Sending you a friend request!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    well, I'm heading for 'better at 64'
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Me too - I'm aiming to look hotter at 50 than I did at 30! (actually that's not going to be difficult).

So Yay for the "older" woman - we've been there, made the mistakes, tried to eat ourselves happy and now just know how to work it!

Mavis

(Who isn't sure that "It" actually is, but intends to find out - ROFLMAO!)
  • 6kate2
    6kate2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I too would like to be looking better at 50 than at 40 although I must confess i actually looked 'okay' at 40 and just wanted to shift 14lbs, now aged 49 its nearer 24lbs I need to lose! I've decided its time to stop 'wishing' for it to happen and actually 'make' it happen! Good luck for your weight loss and everyone else reading this topic! Definately as you get older it would appear that it needs more of an effort to make the necessary changes!!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to be the person I wanted to be--and it's something I said a long time ago--when I saw the Cher video. I said that I would look that that when I was 50.

Now, I'm not going to ever have her fabulous hair, but I am well on my way to a rockin' body for my 50th birthday--and that is saying something for sure!

And my go-to quote is from Working Girl, "I have a head for business and a bod for sin. Is there anything wrong with that? "
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hello guys and gals. I'm 46 and feeling better than I did twenty years ago when I was a young Marine. I've lost forty pounds over the past eight months and will be running my first full marathon at the end of September. I feel like a million bucks. My 46 is the new 23.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Since hitting my 40s I have lost over 100 lbs and gotten back into shape. It's never too late to focus on yourself. I turn 48 this year and am looking forward to enjoying my next 60+ years!
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like your attitude.

I just turned 50 and would like to find myself in a better place than 40 or 35 (about the time my health went south)....best wishes to you and I sent you a friend request.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,073 Member
    Options
    Good for all of you. You can do it. Me....I ran my first race 2 days before I turned 50, a 10K. I had to prove to myself that I could be better at 50 and that it wasn't "old." But, I quit running after that because it was a really cold winter and then a really hot summer. You get the idea. I made excuses. Last year, after gaining about 10 more pounds, I decided that was enough. I bought a really good treadmill, so I wouldn't have that excuse. I actually started using it consistently and when the weather got warmer, have been running outside. I can now run for an hour non-stop, at a slow pace, and I have finally lost the big behind that has been my nemesis all of my life. So, I can say without a doubt, I am in better shape and look better at 53 than I ever have in my life.

Good luck to all of you. If I can do it, so can you!!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Turning 50 in 2 months and I am working out to get in the best shape of my life!!!
  • kinghavok
    Options
    I turn 50 next month, damn time flies. I believe once we put our minds to it we can acomplish anything and everything. That was one of the things I took from my 23 years in the Navy. add me if you like.
  • jogle39
    Options
    I didnt even celebrate my 42nd birthday, i felt old and fat and miserable. I plan on my 43rd birthday to be my hey look at me now! We can do this!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    this is me at 50 (just had my b'day last week)... I've got no pictures of 40 because well I wouldn't go near a camera...

smokinme-1.jpg
  • alwayssummer
    Options
    I'll be 50 next year and me too!!
  • funmonk
    Options
    I'm 48 and plan on totally rocking 50. "Don't Stop Me Now" my favorite Queen song.
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies.:flowerforyou: We can all do this together. I will be turning 50 in March and already I am feeling so much better thanks to finding MFP. When someone askes how "old I am" I going to be proud to tell them" I am 50" and I hope their mouths drop open :laugh:
    I going to post pic when I reach the - 30 lb mark.

50 is the new 30

Take Care