Constant dull headaches

Options
I've been getting them for months, on and off, throbbing around my eyes, cheekbones, left side of head.

I really don't know that much about nutrition to know what could be causing them. Its definitely not sinusitis... can certain foods caused prolonged headaches and exhaustion?

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water? I'm not sure about foods that would cause headaches.. I know when I was younger I would get very bad headaches, almost to the point of being called migraines, turned out I needed glasses. Then just a few years ago I would get really bad headaches, again in the sinus area, I had to get wisdom teeth pulled.

If this persits I would see your doctor.
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I get headaches from aspartame and nutrasweet. Do you eat those?
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Could be a food allergy you don't know about. Those can definitely cause headaches and exhaustion, and they can develop anytime. I have a wheat allergy, and those are the kinds of things that happen to me, along with a lot of bloating and weight gain. Caffeine can cause headaches also, and not drinking enough water.
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    I get headaches from aspartame and nutrasweet. Do you eat those?

wow,I think you may have pinpointed the problem :O I just googled aspartame and found this:

http://www.naturalnews.com/008797_aspartame_migraine_headaches.html

I've drank lots of diet drinks today and the ache is really bad. I'll definitely cut out aspartame to see if there is any difference , thanks.