Dogs or Cats????

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Just wondering who is a dog person and who is a cat person. I'm actually a fan of both having 1 dog and 3 cats.

You?

Replies

• misslou7
    misslou7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Dogs all the way. Any size. Cats are okay for a quiet stroke but dogs are there to cuddle
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I like them both but prefer dogs by a wide margin.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Yeah I agree. My cats are like "whatever" but my dog would love anyone who comes through the door. So NOT a guard dog!
  • mindphluxxx
    Options
    I like them both, I have a dog at the moment but grew up with a cat (Who my parents got a couple of months before I was born!).

When I take the scary step of getting my own house and *gulp* a mortgage, I'm going to get a rescue cat or two though that need rehoming :)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Cats all the way. I love the fact they are independant and my two do cuddle with me. There is nothing like a cat purring on your tummy :laugh:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    This always applies when discussing dogs v.cats: http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/humor/otherhumor/dog_cat_diary.htm

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
    9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
    9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
    10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
    12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
    1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
    3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
    5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
    7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
    8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
    11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. *kitten*!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
  • misswager
    misswager Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    dogs.... cats wander the neighbour hood **** everywhere and scratch paintwork on cars! Grrrr, rather I hate neighbours more than cats!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My cats act more like dogs and my dog acts like a cat.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Dogs.........100%
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    2 cats at my house...and a betta fish, oh and 2 guinea pigs and 2 kids.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    This always applies when discussing dogs v.cats: http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/humor/otherhumor/dog_cat_diary.htm

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
    9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
    9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
    10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
    12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
    1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
    3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
    5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
    7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
    8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
    11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. *kitten*!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm a dog person, myself. (I have a Yellow Lab and an Irish Setter). I'm not opposed to visiting with cats but I certainly don't plan on owning a cat any time soon.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Cat person :D
    I have 3!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a cat person, mainly because I couldn't have dogs the majority of places I've lived. Cats can be cuddly too, fyi =P
  • StillChangingAmie
    Options
    Cats are good to have around for those who work a lot, or have small kids, or have a small apartment. I have no pets right now but I am a huuuge dog person!

Dogs are amazing creatures with big personalities and some are so beyond intelligent. Going to ABC to become a certified trainer! ^-^
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    <<<< future cat lady
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Cat person :D
    I have 3!

Want some more? My *kitten* cat had 5 kittens! Didn't even have her few weeks before she got knocked up! Anyways, I like both but much more a dog person than a cat person.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Cat person. There's always been at least two cats in the house since I was a young'un. More sometimes, when kittens arrived.

"Our house, is a very very very fine house, with two cats in the yard.." :laugh:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Cat person. My 2 cats act like dogs. They fetch, cuddle, and follow me around the house just like dogs. One of them (a Savannah mix) even comes into the shower when I'm in there.

I like dogs, but you can't go away for the weekend and leave a bowl of food/water out for a dog like you can with cats.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I love them both :heart: All animals are amazing

I have one cat but plan to get more pets in the future :smile: