Help!!!

Options
I'm under my weekly goal for my calories and the scales say I've put 2lb on, weigh in day is tomorrow but can't see me loosing 2lb by tomorrow :-( why can I put on but be under my goal? Confused :-(

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Please unlock your diary - cant offer helpful suggestions where you have your diary locked up from others...
  • boopboopadoop
    Options
    have you been completely honest in logging? I mean, have you been picking or nibbling at anything at all? Or maybe it could be water weight? And did you weigh yourself at the same time of the day as you did last time?
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't eating enough
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My sugar is a little high maybe that's why??? I do try and keep my sodium down, but I do have a sweet tooth :-( going to try harder next week!
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    wait.... if your weigh in day is tomorrow, then why are you on the scale today? I only ask because this is the hardest thing for me-- I want to step on the scale every day to "just check" and then when I don't see what I want, I obsess. I have to force myself to limit my weigh-ins to one day a week. Because, really, the scale is only one indication of how you are doing.
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    this happens to me! in fact this has happened to me this week. it's very frustrating. stick with it though. it's easy to say f**k it what's the point. i have learned, though, that sometimes my weight loss will not show up right away. that's why is important to be consistant. if you get frustrated and end up eating something you shouldn't you will never know. give it another week and see what happens. also i would add sodium to your trakcing page. sodium can make you retain water.
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    In addition to sodium making you retain water it could also be your menstrual cycle which often causes women to retain water, feel bloated etc. which would increase your weight temporarily. The important thing is to be honest with your exercise and caloric intake and stick with it. One week where you're weight doesn't measure the way you think it should is not the end. Don't give up hope and don't start starving yourself (that could cause your body to retain fat for later or muscle loss if you don't have enough fat). Don't give up, you can do this. If it continues and you can't figure it out, talk to your doctor for other possible reasons.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    There could be various reasons.

1. If you are consistently way under your calorie goal everyday, you may not be eating enough and that can cause you to gain weight. I am often under my goal but usually not by more than 100 calories unless it's a REALLY off day.

2. Something you ate, could have been really high in sodium and caused you to retain water weight.

3. You could have drank a lot of water and flat out just have water weight.

4. If you have recently changed up your plan: (updated your calorie intake -either lower or higher, changed your exercise patterns...etc), those changes can sometime cause you to gain weight for a few days or a week while your body adjusts to the changes.

Bottom line, just keep plugging along and it'll continue to come off. If it goes up more, maybe you need a closer examination of your food intake - not just the calories but ingredients as well. Make sure you log everything and are honest. The little nibbles can add up!
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    I'd say that either you're not logging all the cals, OR you are just not eating enough. I can't see your diary so can't really help. Can you please unlock it? You just go into settings to change it.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is be completely honest with your log. I just hit that bump myself last night. Working out 4x last week has yielded NO results, even though i *kept under 1260*- I wasnt taking into account my water consumption (not nearly enough), my coffee cream intake (i wasnt logging it at all, an extra 70 cals per cup), or the candy i would scarf- all non-existent calories, right?
    Also, if you're working out with weights, factor in that muscle weighs more than fat- your scale wont go down for a bit. Measure. It works MUCH better.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is be completely honest with your log. I just hit that bump myself last night. Working out 4x last week has yielded NO results, even though i *kept under 1260*- I wasnt taking into account my water consumption (not nearly enough), my coffee cream intake (i wasnt logging it at all, an extra 70 cals per cup), or the candy i would scarf- all non-existent calories, right?
    Also, if you're working out with weights, factor in that muscle weighs more than fat- your scale wont go down for a bit. Measure. It works MUCH better.

This.