Dream job?

Options
Tank_Girl
Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
Im considering a change of profession, by trade im a chef although im currently unemployed, ive worked with livestock/horses/exotics im afraid of heights but im trying to overcome this, im a poor swimmer so even though im taking lessons anything to do with the sea is unlikely to be practical
Ive 3 areas im particularly interested in: emergency services, the leasure industry or some kind of security work

Anyone have any ideas for a 27yr old, I know I would fail most fitness tests at moment but im working hard to change that

Replies

• AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    some kind of security work

This is probably the easiest of those to get in to. You don't need to have any particular level of fitness or aptitude to get into security. In most cases you just do a short training course, and an induction, which you may or may not have to do unpaid.

I have no idea what the wages for that are like in wherever it is you live.
  • Tank_Girl
    Options
    some kind of security work

This is probably the easiest of those to get in to. You don't need to have any particular level of fitness or aptitude to get into security. In most cases you just do a short training course, and an induction, which you may or may not have to do unpaid.

I have no idea what the wages for that are like in wherever it is you live.

Im not thinking security guard... That would bore me to tears, something more physical along the lines of customs or bouncer etc but not police
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Take an EMT course at your local community college. The physical requirements are being able to lift 50 lbs or something along those lines. It is fascinating and the work would be so rewarding.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    What about training to be a paramedic? Or a nurse?

What qualifications do you already have?
  • Tank_Girl
    Options
    Paramedic is a possibility as im cool under pressure and ive a strong stomach due to dealing with injured livestock.
    I dont have the temperament for a nurse tbh.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I actually don't want to do anything anymore.