Weekends

I have found myself really struggling on weekends. It begins on Friday at work when my team all goes out to lunch together (usually somewhere very unhealthy). By the end of that I am probably almost at my calorie limit. The same night my boyfriend and I do a date night which usually consists of dinner and a movie, or vice versa. For some reason I keep telling myself "one day isn't going to hurt. Everyone needs a cheat day." But then I find myself going crazy and way over my daily calories - and now, 4.5 lbs heavier than I was on Friday morning.

Can anyone who has this issue share some tips?

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 839 Member
    I completely understand! My husband likes to make huge breakfasts on weekends, which is wonderful, but way more calories than I usually eat in on meal. I end up cutting lunch down to a small snack to balance it out. I am also a lot more active on weekends - housework, yard work, golf, hiking, etc., so that helps burn those extra calories that come from eating out or having a drink or two. I guess my advice is make the healthiest food choices you can, limit your alcohol, be as active as you can. These are choices we face every day anyway, so we just need to adjust to each day's situation. Good luck!
  • lenainpr
    lenainpr Posts: 2 Member
    I agree that weekends are much harder than the rest of the week. I'm in my kitchen more and I think I just munch all the time when I'm right by all the food. Evenings are hard for me as well. Sometimes we can't eat supper unitl about 8PM and that just gets me going on eating before bed.

If anyone has any ideas for night time munchies too, I'd appreciate it!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    You're not actually 4.5 pounds heavier, fat-wise. You've retained a couple pounds of water to help process all the salt you ate in those restaurant meals.

You would have had to have eaten 15,750 calories OVER your maintenance calories to have actually gained 4.5 pounds. I doubt you ate that much in two meals. Get back on track, don't let it worry you, and it will drop back off in a couple days. The worst thing you can do is to say, "Oh well, I screwed up, may as well eat badly for the next X number of days."
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Thank you for the tips! And @cmriverside, I know I probably shouldnt have even weighed myself - I guess I was just curious! I am going to just eat as clean as possible the next few days, work out and drink a ton of water.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Candace - you know the answer already. This stuff is simple, but it's not easy.