Frustrated with Pleateau!

I swear, my body hates me!! It seems when I gorge myself on coffee, pizza, chocolate, and pasta these days the weight does come off.. but when I eat totally clean and healthy the scale doesn't budge. Of course I am still running 5k a day but it ain't moving. Grr!!!! Sometimes I ask why bother eating so healthy when everytime I go 100% clean the scale never moves.

Just had to vent.. Ive been at 241lb for the past 3 weeks! :'(

Replies

• burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    I'm dealing with the same thing right now. :-( Unfortunately I have no advice, but you are not alone!!
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    same here wth??!!! LOL I find the days after I go out and have fun an maybe eat something I normally do not eat I weigh less! LOL so frustrating!!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Diary open or it didn't happen :P
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    same here try a solid year! Going to the dr tomorrow we need to do some testing, find out why my body isnt working with me. Went in Aprilish have thyroid tested its fine. Now its time for some serious thinking and referral if nessesary.. LOL
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Hey... I am dealing with this same issue right now... How did you do it? How did you get out of the rut? I am right there... Its like ever since I got close to losing 50lbs I am stuck. I am at 247 and it's just not budging... Help please!! :(
  • I think the reason why you lose weight when you eat the bad stuff ( well first I don't know how many calories you eat a day) but when a person eats lets say 1500 calories for more then 17 days your body gets used to it. So when you eat the bad stuff and run like a mad person you will lose weight. Thats why people say the 17 day diet is really good because its scientifically proven that our bodies get used to something after 17 days. So you need to switch it up. So for starters for the first 17 days cut out all "white stuff" like sugar and flour. Then the next 17 days slowly add in the sugar and flour back but eat like 1200 calories a day instead of 1500. If you switch up your diet often the body never has anytime to get used to that diet.

Also you could try upping your water intake to like 2-3 liters for a day and that could help to. That should flush a few things out.

And you don't have to do the diet like how I said. Make it your own but switch it up often! Hope this helps!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Personally don't think of it. Just keep on eating right and exercising. Make sure your getting enough water 10 cups and have fun. Bring up some of the positives that came so far like dropping a size or feeling better. Beating yourself to death with numbers isn't very healthy nor fun. Its a lifestyle change not a Job.
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    I REALLY like what you wrote and just seeing how far you've come I have to say is inspiring. I"m definitely not giving up. I am pushing on. I push myself every time I get on my elliptical. Even every day stuff.... I run after the kids across parking lots and play with them outside. :D