Anyone got a good Sugar Free Ice Cream to recommend?

Options
I make a slimfast shake every morning for breakfast (since 1990) and have always used light Ice cream (to reduce fat). since starting here, I'm seeing that the sugar and calories in that ice cream is very high. I've never tried any of the Sugar free or "No sugar added" Ice Cream but am thinking that might be better. Any Recommendations?

Replies

• chubbyhousewife
    Options
    Hi have you thought about making your own?

In the summer I freeze low fat yogurt with pieces of fruit in and this makes a nice low fat icecream treat without the cream!

The low fat mousses you can get also work well.
  • MaryleeUSA
    MaryleeUSA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey! Great idea! AND that would help keep portion size consistant! as is, I use the ice cream scoop until I get desired thickness so I'm guessing at the serving size. THANKS!!!!!!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    (I dont know anything about slimfast shakes or how to make them...) but if you're wanting to cut calories, I would suggest not using ice cream at all. Can you just use skim milk or non-fat vanilla/plain yogurt?
  • MaryleeUSA
    MaryleeUSA Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I could and I have tried. But it just isn't good to me. I don't feel real hungry in the morning and that shake gets me going. (I also desolve 2 viviarin in it so it is like my coffee.) I tried freezing skim milk in an ice cube tray to get that thickness, but the taste was still a bit "fibery" if you know what I mean.
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've always liked Edy's, and I'm pretty sure I have tried the Edy"s sugar free.
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow makes some great reduced fat ice cream bars, etc using Splenda. I bought the Mint cookie flavor for my daughter, strawberry creme which is packed in vanilla cookies, and chocolate for my hubby! Calories are 140 with carbs approx. 16, they are really good w/o that gross aftertaste.