HRT

Options
Anyone taking HRT i'm 50 and going though the change put on 10lb ,trying really hard to get back into shape with diet and exercise .

Replies

• Ruby53
    Ruby53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I have put on weight too, through the damm menopause!! but I am not on HRT as I cant take it!! I have developed a tyre around my waist which I never had before, but luckily it is now shrinking!! Good luck!! its a great site!
  • Fran44
    Fran44 Posts: 8
    Options
    Di I took HRT for over 15 years but I did have the hystorectomy when I was 44 and the doc put me straight on it. Best thing I ever did but it doesn't suit everyone! x
    5010 Posts: 59
    Options
    Thank You both for the replies us women have to put up with everything not fair x
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Hormones do wreak havoc with the weight. First I piled on the weight due to hormonal imbalances for years until a huge ovarian cyst was discovered, thankfully NOT cancer. Then the hysterectomy at 48 here, and silly me, was expecting that weight would then drop off. It did start to, but now 4 months later it is stacking on again. My doc slapped an estrogen patch on me , and within 6 hours I was a wreck, emotionally and also physically felt ill. I do not think estrogen is my friend. The hot flashes are awful, but I just won't do it. Hoping maybe diet and exercise will help both the weight problems and the hot flashes. Just want to feel like myself again, balanced,it's been a long time! Yes, as women we do have challenges , don't we? Seems, those on HRT gain, as well as those NOT, so who's to know?
  • Ruby53
    Ruby53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Wellsprings Serenity cream, I have been using it now for 3 months and the hot flushes have almost gone, mood swings much better, weight is only going through calorie counting, but give it a go, I did!! and I am beginning to feel myself again!! hoorah!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Ah, a progesterone cream. I was trying that before the hysterectomy, a different brand, just trying to balance hormones. Now, seeing as I developed the cyst , I am a little weary if it was doing more harm than good, or if it just wasn't enough. So hard to determine these things! Thanks for the input tho'.. I do not suffer mood swings or anything other than the damn hot flashes and this weight. Will definitely keep it in mind tho' if these hot flashes don't start to level off. I thought I could tolerate them, but it's embarrassing at work, and also making it impossible to get a good nights sleep. Thanks Ruby!