UK low carber need quick tips and recipes

Options
Hi,
I wanted to start this thread to find out your tips on low carbing in the uk. What gadgets/products/recipes helped you to easily meet your goals of low carbing. We don't seem to have much of a choice of low carb products in the uk and the products that exist seem to be really expensive or have to pay expensive delivery charges. My goal is to have less than 50g of carbs a day and have more than 50g of protein a day.
e.g. I find 2 chicks egg whites and my egg cooker from lidl to be useful
What about you guys? Any suggestions will be much appreciated...

Replies

• neicey2012
    neicey2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am looking to low carb it as well and would like to find a tracker that i can use for that purpose too. Nice to meet you!
  • samko1976
    samko1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi, Nice to meet you too! What kind of tracker did you mean?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I help moderate a group called Low Carber Daily Forum here on MFP... click on GROUPS and type in that name in the search field and feel free to join our group if you would like to!

We have a great group of low carb members and all varieties are welcomed! Whether Atkins, South Beach, Primal, Paleo, Doctor ordered or just plain making more natural choices in a low-carb fashion, come on in!!!
  • samko1976
    Options
    Thank you I have joined-it looks great and is currently active. The uk one I joined has not been commented on for a few months now.
    Nevertheless, I have not been able to see this kind of thread relating to UK low carbers on your forum in particular so would welcome more suggestions/tips/recipes that people have helped them achieve their goals etc on this thread too. :)
  • cramernh
    Options
    Thank you I have joined-it looks great and is currently active. The uk one I joined has not been commented on for a few months now.
    Nevertheless, I have not been able to see this kind of thread relating to UK low carbers on your forum in particular so would welcome more suggestions/tips/recipes that people have helped them achieve their goals etc on this thread too. :)

You have to be good about searching - we have plenty of UK folks there who talk about UK products.... 8-)
    Also - keep in mind, we wont keep it UK-only, its for everyone around the globe. Last I remember, we do have some folks who are living in South Africa, Scotland, and many who travel abroad for college or work.

Its an all encompassing low-carb environment and you will definitely find people who prefer a more natural approach to their daily food intake while others may willingly choose to rely on prepackaged products...

The other person who runs the group is from the UK, BTW - awesome gal! She is temporarily away on a trip to Turkey but she will be back very soon!
  • cramernh
    Options
    I failed to mention this because MFP sort of knocked out cold on me... We do stress that all are welcomed. We even have a few people who join our group because of the common negative die-hards that tend to flock against anything low-carb. Some people get down right nasty... or the decent threads like this one, I like to extend an open door invitation to those who are like-minded, rather than by demographic. Laura_beau, the other Mod/Admin also believes the more the better and most certainly from around the globe as well.

You are more than welcome to start your thread in our group for UK folks but keep in mind, all are allowed to comment as well.. we are a very supportive group...
  • cs821
    cs821 Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm struggling with the low carb high protein thing as I can't eat eggs which are a great source of high protein and therefore have turned to protein shakes but even a lot of them have a lot of sugar in them. Am gonna join the forum to see if I can get any ideas.:ohwell:
  • samko1976
    Options
    Thanks I will start this thread on your forum-probably get more luck getting suggestions anyway. :)
  • samko1976
    Options
    To Cs821,
    The sculptress one I use has a relatively high sugar content 8.4 carbs but I also have tried atkins vanilla (yummy!!) which is only 2.8g for a 37g portion (18 protein 8.6 fat) or the Body Fortress vanilla from Holland and Barrett is 1.6 carb (17.41 protein + 2g fat). Not sure if this helps. Probably worth starting a topic on the forum as egg free breakfasts are pretty hard. Just got a recipe from grace eliza which is flax seed muffins for breakfast-need to get it off her again as lost the recipe :) Will send to you if interested ?