Editing recipes?

Options
Is there a way to edit recipe ingredients without having to delete the ingredients and add them again with a new weight?

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew this too. I finally figured out you can change a quantity on a food in your diary by clicking on it.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It works on my mobile and kindle fire apps, but not on the web. Quirky!
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I use my phone app to do that as well. It is strange it can't be done on the web, but maybe they're working on it. :)
  • Just_Pam
    Just_Pam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's very odd that the apps have better functions than the website (like the weekly view which I love). Guess I will use the apps more often!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    if you just click on your recipe tab under food, then on the recipe folder you want to edit, the ingredients are all listed and you can just edit the amounts. just tried it online and it works on there too. hope this helps. :-)
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    In the app, yes; in the database on the full site, no. I <3 the app!!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    if you just click on your recipe tab under food, then on the recipe folder you want to edit, the ingredients are all listed and you can just edit the amounts. just tried it online and it works on there too. hope this helps. :-)

That's odd. They're all listed, but they are not editable on mine. You can't click it at all. You can remove it, but that's it!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

That's odd. They're all listed, but they are not editable on mine. You can't click it at all. You can remove it, but that's it!
    Doesn't work on the web for me either, can't click on the ingredients except to delete them.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options

I can't edit on website either...just tried it again. I want a special website like Ke1ra has. :sad:

I'm thinking that they're making programming changes/fixing some bugs today. Some features and functions are working intermittently and changing periodically. Hmmm...
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

sorry guys actually i just deleted an ingredient. sorry for any confusion .can do it on my phone real easy. very odd ;-)
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

I've tried this and it doesn't work like that at all. You seem to have to delete an item & re-enter it with a new quantity - annoying! I'd love it if this could be fixed.
  • Just_Pam
    Just_Pam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Makes most of my recipes pretty useless as the ingredients/weights vary every time I make them. Like smoothies and oatmeal using different fruits/toppings. This is definitely something they need to address!!
  • roguestates
    Options
    do y'all also know if editing a recipe also retroactively edits the nutritional info for all the past times you've used it?
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    do y'all also know if editing a recipe also retroactively edits the nutritional info for all the past times you've used it?

I don't think it does, but you could experiment & check. Does it matter? Are you going to look back & remember that your day looked a little different when you were living it?