Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein Shakes?

I always have a lot of cals left over at the end of the day and lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night starving. Obviously I can't get up and raid the pantry/fridge, but I was wondering if a cassein protein shakes would be ok? It would fill me up and help me eat my cals back. Anyone do this?

Replies

• hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    You should be eating your calories. If you eat all your calories during the day, you might not wake up hungry.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    eat before bed? good source of protein+fats... like protein pancakes or cottage cheese and almonds?

it wont be stored as fat. its a myth. i always eat before bed. i eat casein ice cream:)
  • cmaradyn
    cmaradyn Posts: 8 Member
    I agree that eating more through out the day would be best... But if you were going to eat a shake at night... That's a great choice! Make sure it's high quality shake though..
  • dharmalicous
    dharmalicous Posts: 6 Member
    I personally really like metabolism reset by Naturesway. I'm a vegetarian but have always found I loose weight most quickly when I up the protein. This shake in particular is appealing as it is has a low glycemic index, low carbs but a full serving is 21 grams of protein. Also, it tastes WAY better than anything else I've tried. I like the vanilla with fruit blended in. So much like a milkshake it's feels sinful. Also great if your looking to keep the ingredients list simple and straightforward. ;)
  • bnelly55
    bnelly55 Posts: 88 Member
    Thanks for the responses. I bought Re-Feed nighttime recovery from GNC. I'm going to mix it with 1% milk before bed. We'll see how it works :)