Fit Bit Ultra

Options
Has anyone used the Fit Bit Ultra. I'm considering getting one and would love some feedback. Is it easy to operate? Do you find it useful? Do you feel like it encourages you more? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I used mine for a couple months, then switched to a Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor. If you think you will get serious about cardio, then I would just get an HRM instead. My sits on a table, not being used.

Pls don't message me about selling my Fitbit, as a friend has already laid claim to it. Thanks!
  • AshleyMRawls
    AshleyMRawls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I own one and the scale (yes I went all out on it lol)

Is it easy to use? Yes. Very. I leave the charging station plugged into my computer and everytime I walk past it, it automatically synchs everything that I've done. Even the setup was a lot easier than I thought it would be. You go to the website, download a program and it runs in the background of the computer all the time to synch with the device.

Do you find it useful? I do. I had always played with the idea of getting a pedometer to find out what I was already doing to try to... you know... do it better. This takes all the hassle out of tracking what I do during the day or guestimating how active I've been.

Do you feel like it encourages you? Yes -_- I have a friend who also has one who doesn't work a desk job like me, so seeing how many steps he does on a daily basis makes me want to do more. It also sets up daily goals for you (which you can alter to be higher or lower depending on your activity level) and I find myself usually right below them and at the end of the day working towards meeting them. Like the other night for example, I was at 9400 steps. My goal is 10,000. I went for an extra walk to meet my goal. Had I not had the fitbit tracking me I probably wouldn't have worried about it.

I guess it really depends on how goal-oriented you are =/ Personally though, I really like it. It also pairs really well with myfitnesspal so that anything you track here gets reflected there so you don't need to track foods twice either.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love it. Basically, my fit bit dictates my activity level. I set MFP to sedentary and my FitBit tells MFP how many calories I burn per day from regular activity like walking around. It also tracks my outside walks for me. For tracking calories from more serious cardio you'll want a HRM though.
  • SFBarbear
    Options
    The "Bit" is fine.
    It's the website, Dashboard and customer service that is nonexsistant. A growing number of people are becoming rabid over the utter lack of Customer care and support by Fitbit!
  • mjc65
    mjc65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did have the Polar but couldn't get on with it as I found the online app somewhat uninformative, so move to Garmin. This seems to work much better for me, although my Polar is still here :)

I have steered away from the Fit Bit and wear a BodyMedia Ki instead, but I found I get more from the HRM
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I love mine & actually get mad at myself when I forget to clip it to the center of my bra in the morning to record how many steps I take each day. The fact that you can synch it with MFP is also great.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Mine totally died after about 5 months. Fitbit never responded. Luckily I had bought I on Amazon who replaced it
  • mjc65
    mjc65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think the synchronization is what is missing from my current set up, but I can sync with Endomondo ok, but it would be nice to have everything sync with everything.

One thing I will say for the Fit Bit is I get the impression their community is more active.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    The "Bit" is fine.
    It's the website, Dashboard and customer service that is nonexsistant. A growing number of people are becoming rabid over the utter lack of Customer care and support by Fitbit!
    I don't know why so many people complain about their C/S department. I contacted (via email) their customer service department & within a few days, I had a very helpful response. The guy even apologized for not getting back to me in 24 hours like the website says they will. I LOVE the dashboard section of their website as well. I love mine & actually get mad at myself when I forget to clip it to the center of my bra in the morning to record how many steps I take each day. The fact that you can synch it with MFP is also great.
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. Very easy to operate once you've figured out your stride length, and quite helpful. The difference to take into consideration between a Fitbit and an HRM is whether you want to be doing a single dedicated workout or whether you want to encourage yourself to be generally more active. The Fitbit is a pedometer, and that works great for me because I get my exercise at the moment by taking long outdoor walks. If you're someone who prefers going to the gym, however, or you focus on some other form of exercise which includes more than running and walking, you'll want an HRM instead.

As some have said, I'm not a big fan of the site. However, the vast majority of customer services experiences I hear about are very positive.
  • pinkfluff79
    pinkfluff79 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started using mine today and I have run into a problem. Mine doesn't seem to sync my walking exercise with myfitnesspal. I have it on the charging station right now and still nothing. Do you have to have over the 10,000 steps for it to report anything? Any info would be very helpful. Thanks!
  • Ajmead
    Options
    It's the best gadget I have brought. I like that you can earn badgets etc.
    I don't leave home without him lol x
  • hotmama1174
    hotmama1174 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for about a month. I love it! I am determined everyday to hit the 10000 mark so I am up and walking around the office as much as I can. Instead of sending and email-i walk to that person's office. Instead or using the intercom system at work, I walk! Keeps me on the move. I have synched it with myfitness pal only because my hrm is broken. It does not get accurate calories burned (in my opinion) but again keeps my aware of low activity for the day. I don't use any other featture on the fitbit website (as of now). I get a high when I have gone over all of goals. It is quite addictive :).
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just started using mine today and I have run into a problem. Mine doesn't seem to sync my walking exercise with myfitnesspal. I have it on the charging station right now and still nothing. Do you have to have over the 10,000 steps for it to report anything? Any info would be very helpful. Thanks!

On the dashboard page for fitbit right hand side should be a section for the apps, you will see MFP, click learn more and then select MFP ( there are other apps), then sync it then go to MFP, under Tools, Fitbit and and sync again, they then should be hooked up. If you are close to the fitbit dock station it automatically syncs Fitbit and MFP.

Love my Fitbit, definitely gets me moving more
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I wear mine everyday. It's NOT a heart rate monitor, but it accurately tracks the other calories burned throughout the day based on your movement. I LOVE mine.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Fitbit quickly replaced 2 of mine. Customer service was great to me...
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    The "Bit" is fine.

As for customer service, when my dog ate my fitbit last week and I wrote to customer service admitting the truth, they responded within 5 hours asking for photos and a receipt. 12 hours after I did that, they had shipped me a new one for free.

And twice when I couldn't figure out how to switch to lefty mode or change another setting, I wrote to customer support and got a well-explained answer within a few hours.
  • amyowens08
    amyowens08 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fitbit quickly replaced 2 of mine. Customer service was great to me...

Me too...mine stopped charging for some reason and they replaced it very quickly and for free. Very very happy with the customer service :)
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love mine, way easy to use.
  • arraggh
    arraggh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love it :)
    Lookin for more fitbit friends...

http://www.fitbit.com/user/237J6K