Low cal lunch ideas??

Options
So... I'm after some ideas for low cal lunch as this seems to be where I go over the most! I tend to have sandwiches because they're easy for work but bread is so high in cals. Any ideas??

Replies

• cafeconalma
    Options
    Take your own lunch and try the smaller sandwich thins (100 calories each) and load up on more veggies. For protein, try Canadian bacon. Eating out? Salad, no or very little dressing.
  • jmcollier99
    jmcollier99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try low fat cottage cheese (1/2 cup) with 6 or 7 baby tomatoes and add some fresh basil chopped up and mix it all together. This gives you the proteins (15g) plus the complex carbohydrate that will kickstart your metabolism. A juicy apple for desert and you will be surprisingly full. In total this lunch is less that 300 calories. The key for me has been to eat several smaller meals during the day.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I'm making my lunch now for the week. I'm making Moroccan Chicken & Lentils in the crockpot. It breaks down into 6 really filling servings and so I'll be set for the week.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/624156-moroccan-chicken-and-lentils-crockpot?hl=moroccan+chicken+lentils#posts-9006696
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    A mix of salad leaves with wafer thin chicken, turkey or ham. you can add a little grated cheese, a boiled egg or
    dressing to taste.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been eating this salad lately

Mixed greens
    Tuna
    Feta
    Cucumbers
    Tomato
    Bell pepper
    Bolthouse French dressing.

You can add any veggie, use a different dressing. Salads are very easy!
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I make sandwiches on those 100 cal Nature's Own whole grain sandwich rounds all the time. YUM! Sometimes I'll just have an avocado with some soy sauce for lunch. It's very filling. Or, I'll through the mixings for a salad in a bag and just make it at the office.