I ran my first mile ever yesterday and...

Options
Seriously, every muscle in my body throbs. It hurts to stand, sit, bend, laugh, sneeze - blink lol

And I love it.

Every ache feels like a reward....a reminder of how hard I worked.

Replies

• chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I remember the exact feeling :D well done and keep going
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Good for you :)
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    GREAT GREAT JOB !!! YOU are my hero.... I am challenged to go 1/2 MILE at this point, but I will keep trying !
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    Congratulations! Its great being achey, its definitely a constant reminder of what you did! Keep it up, that'll soon turn into 2 miles :)
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Seriously, every muscle in my body throbs. It hurts to stand, sit, bend, laugh, sneeze - blink lol

LOL, this cracked me up! good for you! keep it up, persistence definitely pays off.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome accomplishment! Great job!
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment - I would SLOWLY work towards 1.5 ...

As John Bingham says - the miracle isn't that you finished - the miracle is that you had the courage to start.
  • martincsaint
    Options
    Well done. I love that achey feeling. Do it again and again...

Martin
  • K3atie
    K3atie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo, thats fab news ....
  • CandiceScott69
    CandiceScott69 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That is great, I love feeling sore.
  • MagicandCastles
    Options
    Well done! I can't run to save my life but I bike, after any exercise have a good stretch and a glass of chocolate milk, it's got a a lot of protein to help your muscles recover and its tasty! If you drink it within 20 to 30min after your workout it helps enormously with the muscle ace the next day!

(And it's a guilt free tasty reward as you've just burn off the calories to earn it!)
  • michellecrance
    michellecrance Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys, the support here is INVALUABLE.

Then I was stupid enough to go to a strength training class this morning! LOL

I crawled out of there whimpering! I can't help it, I'm addicted to torture and punishment I think :)
  • michellecrance
    Options
    Well done! I can't run to save my life but I bike, after any exercise have a good stretch and a glass of chocolate milk, it's got a a lot of protein to help your muscles recover and its tasty! If you drink it within 20 to 30min after your workout it helps enormously with the muscle ace the next day!

(And it's a guilt free tasty reward as you've just burn off the calories to earn it!)

TY so much for this tip! I loveeeeeeee choc milk!!!!
  • michellecrance
    Options
    I remember the exact feeling :D well done and keep going

Thanks, you look FANTASTIC btw!
  • michellecrance
    Options
    GREAT GREAT JOB !!! YOU are my hero.... I am challenged to go 1/2 MILE at this point, but I will keep trying !

Now it was a VERY slow mile! LOL I barely finished inside 16 minutes doing 2 min intervals running and then brisk walking. Really compared to everyone else there, I was pathetic but we can't use other people as our rulers I suppose...
  • michellecrance
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment - I would SLOWLY work towards 1.5 ...

As John Bingham says - the miracle isn't that you finished - the miracle is that you had the courage to start.

I am bound and determined to accomplish 1.5... :) Slowly lol
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome ...... you must be so proud of yourself ....... congrats & keep on truckin' !
  • optionalsourcewins
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! Congratulations!! Keep it up....you're inspiring me to get my butt in gear!!
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Now it was a VERY slow mile! LOL I barely finished inside 16 minutes doing 2 min intervals running and then brisk walking. Really compared to everyone else there, I was pathetic but we can't use other people as our rulers I suppose...

Honestly dont be silly. Mine was exactly the same too. Just keep working it up to more jogging and less walking, IT WILL HAPPEN. I also remeber feeling like DARTH VADER as I could barley breath after 30 seconds of jogging. Now though I can breath fine and today I could not believe it . . . . I actually went for a 6 mile (10k) jog / brisk walk with my husband. I think in the end we jogged about 3 mile and walked the other 3 (doing intervals). I have just kept working it up little by little. Your doing GREAT :drinker:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys, the support here is INVALUABLE.

Then I was stupid enough to go to a strength training class this morning! LOL

I crawled out of there whimpering! I can't help it, I'm addicted to torture and punishment I think :)

Congratulations!!!

I'm doing the warrior dash this Saturday and then I'm running a 5k on SUNDAY :noway: I must be out of my mind. It's the "half way to St. Pats" race and you get a beer and a Kilt:drinker: