What exactly is a Sweat Potato???

Options
stephanieb72
stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
I have never had a sweat potato or sweat peas but they are listed in the food database so there are people out there eating them, right??
People are also ordering a sub from Subway that has sweat onions on it. Is this any good?

Replies

• todd6977
    todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    LOL they are amazing you should try them.
  • amswanson3
    amswanson3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Those must be the ones you had to sweat extra hard to fit into your daily goal. ;-)
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    In New Zealand we call sweet potato 'kumara'. You can get a few different types. They are nutritionally better than potato and taste oh so yummy. I dry roast mine and put them in salad. They also make a nice alternative to potato salad.
  • tairaven
    tairaven Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes are really (really) good. Denser than a regular potato, but you can cook them just like regular potatoes (baked is my favorite). Add a little cinnamon (and butter if you wish). I make homemade fries with them, although you can get the fries at many restaurants now too. They are very similar to yams.

As far as I can tell, sweet peas are regular peas. Don't really notice any difference between them.

Never seen sweet onions at Subway (just the "sweet onion sauce") but I would think they would be similar to a caramelized onions - or maybe of the Vidalia variety??
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes are awesome. Buy one, fix it the same way you like regular potatoes. More nutrients, and yummy.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I used to be a couch potato but I'm pretty sure I've been reclassified as a sweat potato. I have to say I'm alarmed that people are preying on my kind - practically cannibalism. And to log it! Those people should be ashamed of themselves.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    SWEAT potatoes, sweat onions, and sweat peas? What are these substances you speak of?
  • natwen
    Options
    :-O
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that some people think you are actually talking about sweet potatoes and giving you recipes as if you have never heard of them! LOL!
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I used to be a couch potato but I'm pretty sure I've been reclassified as a sweat potato. I have to say I'm alarmed that people are preying on my kind - practically cannibalism. And to log it! Those people should be ashamed of themselves.

Haha!!! ...and I think some people missed the hilarity of the OP's message....
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    lol sweat potato
    I'm going to call myself that whenever I'm lazy but workout anyway.
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    LOL - there are LOTS of "SWEAT" items in the database - looks like lots of members have added their items but did not check their spelling before hitting the SEND button!! :)
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used to be a couch potato but I'm pretty sure I've been reclassified as a sweat potato. .

THIS^^^ You rock!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Any sweat foods are made from the reconstituted bra sweat of large-busted women who are paid in miniscule to daily perform the routines ascribed in TurboJam, TurboFire, and 30 Day Shred.
  • ahart78
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that some people think you are actually talking about sweet potatoes and giving you recipes as if you have never heard of them! LOL!

Bahahahaha!!!!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    Options
    They all sound a bit too salty for my tastes. They might help you loose wait tho. (Yes.....that's intentional. Calm down grammar Nazis)
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    changed to add I just saw you spelled sweat DOH
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Sweat potatoes help you loose wait. :tongue:

edited to add:
    They all sound a bit too salty for my tastes. They might help you loose wait tho. (Yes.....that's intentional. Calm down grammar Nazis)
    Ha! You beat me to it! Great minds! :drinker:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    There are loads of things mis-spelt in the database - try typing in a deliberate error and usually something comes up. Of course you can amend the spelling errors if you wish.

PS This is My FITNESS Pal, not My SPELLING Pal or My Good Grammar Pal - go easy on people :wink: