There were tears

Options
This morning I thought I would just jump on the scales after my work out to see what damage I had done over the weekend... I was prepared for a little as it was a massive weekend (Italian 5 course feast that we had booked before I restarted on this journey, old school bonfire out at a friends place - so basically a lot of food and a lot of drink). There were tears, of course, when I realised I had undone all but a tiny part of my great work last week....

I hate how hard this is, I hate how motivated I get only to be an all or nothing kinda person, I hate how I still have the mentality of 'You were really good all week, you can splurge a little' only to have it come back and bite me on the backside.

I hate that this takes so long, but most of all I hate how unhappy I am with my current weight and how I look in the mirror...

Hopefully this is the time that that hate outweighs all the others.

Replies

• mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yes it is hard - I sympathize. If you get another weekend like this you have to learn to have only a few bits of the food, not the entire portion. The hardest thing I have had to learn is to stop supersizing and just cause its on my plate doesn't mean I have to eat it all.

Just pick up your heels and get started again. Good luck
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    It's water... Give your body a few days to reach equilibrium before you start sweating the " undoing" of a weeks worth of work.
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Please remember that's it's not just what you do in a couple days., but over time. One bad weekend in a month(s) doesn't seem so bad right? Keep doing what you're doing and don't lose hope over two days.