I think im stuck!

Options
I started on my diet in July, and I set a goal of wanting to loose 40 pounds by Thanksgiving and 50 by Christmas. Well, as of tonight I am 1 pound from making my Christmas goal.

GREAT you say! Well if thats so good then why the heck do I feel like I did back in July? Right now Im on the verge of giving up all beacause I dont feel like I've lost a pound.

Why is this? Any words of wisdom to get me back on the straight and narrow?

Would greatly apperciate any advise.

Replies

• tammylee
    Options
    I started on my diet in July, and I set a goal of wanting to loose 40 pounds by Thanksgiving and 50 by Christmas. Well, as of tonight I am 1 pound from making my Christmas goal.

GREAT you say! Well if thats so good then why the heck do I feel like I did back in July? Right now Im on the verge of giving up all beacause I dont feel like I've lost a pound.

• Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I was about to go take my shower and then to bed when I saw your post. I am really glad I saw it. You are having a bad day….a really bad day it sounds like. We all have them….it happens.
    Sweetie you have NO idea how much weight YOU HAVE LOST….REALLY LOST. Go to the super market and pick up a 50 pound bag of dog food. You are 1 pound from that much weight GONE….NO LONGER grinding away at your joints. The strain on your heart is less now also with the 49 pounds gone.
    I have to ask you why you feel like you have lost nothing? Why do YOU think you feel this way? Do you mind telling us how much you still want to lose or are you 1 pound from your goal?
    If you still have more to lose I know you REALLY DON’T want to throw in the towel and all the work you have done up to now.
    I don’t know if you have seen any of my posts where I have told how much I have lost. I have lost 171 pounds and kept it off 3 years now. I am now working to keep it off. This is the second time I have lost this much weight. I have had NO surgery to lose the weight either time. This time I plan to keep the weight off…..I have to.
    If you are getting frustrated with the time it is taking to lose and you still have more you want to lose just think about this……we didn’t gain it over night and we can’t lose it over night. Time is going to pass it always does….we can’t stop it. There is no magic bullet. Just keep on keeping on and before you know it you will be at your goal weight. You will be a new woman and feel so much better….I Promise….NO lie.
    It took me close to 2 years to lose the weight.
    If you haven’t seen any of my other posts click the little blue number next to Posts under my picture and read a few of them.
    Please let us know how you are doing. I will keep a close watch on this thread.
    Remember we are here for you and we want to see you lose all the weight you want to lose. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
    I Care!
    (((((Big Hugs))))
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    Oh my goodness…..I just went and read some of your posts. I see that you want to lose 110 pounds. You are SO CLOSE to the half way mark!! You can lose the rest of the weight honest you can do it. You have already shown you have what it takes to stick with it. Don’t toss in the towel now. Get some rest and I bet you will feel better about it tomorrow. Do come back and let us know how you are tomorrow.
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I am pulling for you!
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Oh, Loretta, your posts are always so perfectly encouraging and true.

I can add nothing more articulate, but I will say that persistence is the number one key to succeeding at this.

You've come so far, and you're entitled to a day of being tired of the work. If you were on a really long hike, and you came to a bench, you might sit down and take a breather to look back over the road you've walked.

I think this is what you're feeling. You've come so, so far up a big, big hill...and I have no doubt you can go the rest of the way, too.

Tomorrow is a brand new day!!
    :flowerforyou: positive thoughts to you.
    be proud of yourself!!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You have made amazing progress. Really amazing. I clicked on this link to add my 2 cents because I am a little 'stuck' at the moment. For myself, I've just picked up a bad habit the last week of eating too late in the evening and I have to change that. I'm on target with my calories and I am not gaining, yet I am not losing either.

Don't give up on yourself. You've done a wonderful thing for your body. Maybe look for any bad habits like I'm guilty of. :embarassed:

A while ago I was feeling really dragged out and discovered I had to raise my intake or else feel like crap. It's possible your metabolism has changed a lot with the weight loss. It might be worth increasing your intake for a few days to see how you feel. I went from 1300 to 1500 and just that couple hundred calories made a world of difference for me and my energy levels.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Options
    tammylee
    How are you today?
    :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options

Don't give up. We have all been there. Try changing your exercising. Add a little something else to it. If you walk, add some hand weights and walk a little faster. Your body gets used to the same thing and you kind of hit a stand still. Add something new to your exercise routine and see if that helps. Please don't give up. You have come so far already. You are ahead of your goal. You should be proud!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    We all have those moments but get a picture of yourself now and look at one from those 49 lbs ago and you will see how far you have come in such a short time!

You are amazing, and reading your post today let me know I have hope, I too started with 107 lbs to loose and have only lost 23 since July, so you are kicking butt!

Keep your head up and keep pushing for your goals. Take pictures along the way and then you can make one of those flip books about the incredible shrinking woman!

:flowerforyou:
  • tammylee
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragment. Im glad to report, I didnt give up, I just changed around my eating a bit. And im putting more time in walking. I weigned myself today, and I have lost 3 pounds!

I know its not alot, but at least im headed in the right direction.

Loretta I want to thank you for your sweet post. And knowing thatt here are people out there that have lost the weight you have doing what im doing makes me feel better. My sister had the surgery and she dropped 140 pounds in 1 year. My goal was 40 pounds by Thanksgiving and 50 pounds by Christmas. Im glad that I have already made my Christmas goal. Now im setting a new goal of 70 pounds by May when I have to go to La for my inlaws 50th anniversary.

With the support i have from this site, I have no dout I'll do it.

Thanks again and sorry for any misspelled words, I broke my glasses today and the screen looks a bit foggy.
  • courtneycatt
    courtneycatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel now that I have started working out-doing cardio, lifting wieghts-I have hurt my back! I feel like when I was fat and all I did was sit on the couch I didnt hurt anything so why should I workout!! :grumble:
    But I know that I need and I will and that it is for the best, just as it is for the best for you that you stick with it! :wink:
  • oldandbroke
    Options
    Well this is an amazing thread of support! Tammylee you have done amazingly well. Lots of us have hit a stopping point. I have had the same problem that Razboo mentioned. I just had to eat a little more. Now that's encouraging! When the scale dosn't go the way you want it is just telling you to try something a little different.

Courtneycatt don't give up on the weights. They really help. Be real careful with your form and don't be in too big of a hurry to increase your weights. I have a bad back and neck and knee! (that's the broke part). Weight lifting and yoga keep me off the pain pills.