I might break up with Weight Watchers...

Options

Replies

• Artistry36
    Options
    I found that some were really quite rude & very unhelpful at WW ..especially to someone that wasn't 'in' the local crowd.
    The watching of points etc became such a problem..so this is such a boon as we can know each day exactly what has been consumed & how many calories, without a problem..plus when I was away for a week.I was emailed to encourage me to get back to it..Oh and we don't need to be shy of admitting to exactly what was eaten!! keeps us on our toes :blushing:

A Surgeon i had spoken to recently was very impressed that I was in control of calories being consumed! of course some days are not as good as others, but no problems there either. just next day , back to being good about it all!:bigsmile:

Good luck to all of us that are doing our best!
  • michelest83
    Options
    I also have done WW in the past. When i was doing that I thought the website was nice and helpful for tracking points. I chose this because it is FREE and just as helpful if not better. This is only my second week so I haven't had a fair chance to use this and judge. So far so good though. Good luck with the last 10 pounds...you can do it!!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Your life but if you are only 10 lbs away stick with it. As long as you stay at normal weight you can go to meetings for free. And since the majority of people put the weight back on that they lose you will need the support system. That way if you do put on a lb or two you can start going back to meetings to right yourself again.
  • successiswithinme
    Options
    you have the basics of how WW works, you don't need them to weigh you in each week and say "that will be X number of dollars please"

I am a former member from a few years back and I was treated very rudely and told I wasn't the typical WW member.....what does that mean?? Was I not heavy enough. To this day what I need point wise to stay on track. When I apply myself I do very well here.
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've done WW on and off for about 14 years with varying degrees of success. I find MFP to be a much simpler, and more straight-forward plan. I will say (as far as WW goes) that finding the right meeting, and the right leader, can be very helpful. As with all things, you can just take the more positive aspects and leave the negative ones. Points can be complicated, and I've found that the database here at MFP is much more extensive than that of the WW website/mobile app so that's been a big plus.

I personally have not had a bad experience with WW, however I can see where it could happen. I did find that some meetings I went to were not that helpful. Much like I view other types of group meetings, I think sitting and discussing at length the things you are tempted by can lead to more harm than good. That's my opinion only, and not meant to offend anyone.

You sound like you have had great success, however you are doing it! Awesome job! A good support system, wherever you can find it, is always a good thing!

I'm always looking for new friends here (I really like MFP) so please add me if you would like more friends. :)
  • michelleeckhardt
    Options
    I am breaking up with weight watchers tomorrow. This has the same app, or even better:smile:
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I joined Weight Watchers at my sister's urging, right after Easter of 2007. I lost about forty pounds, but then lost my job and had to give it up. I went back two years later - same thing. I've given WW roughly $2000 with not much to show for it.

HERE, I've only been a member for a little over three weeks, and I've lost eleven pounds and already clothes are fitting better. The people on the message boards are wonderful and supportive. The best part of it all, it's free! :flowerforyou:
  • koonmom
    koonmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh no - that is horrible. I'm with WW in NYC Midtown. They've been pretty nice and supportive over here so far. I've lost 20 lbs so far and need another 30 to get to maintenance. Hopefully I make it to lifetime member like my co-workers. Maybe need to change location and put in a complaint letter about the staff attitude at your current place. That is not good atmosphere to lose weight in. Too much stress in life - why pay for it?

Wish you luck in whatever you decide to do.

-Koon Mom
  • malayabee
    Options
    I started WW last March to drop some weight before my wedding... By October, I'd lost 25 pounds. And then... I stopped losing. I tried a ton of different things to get the scale to move again, and had zero luck. The program just didn't work for me anymore. Plus, points tracking can be a PITA, even with WW's buggy iPhone apps.

MFP has worked for me (so far), and it's free. That's an extra ~$20 a month I can invest in new workout clothes. Tracking is simple, the app works perfectly, and (IMO) the boards here are much less judgey than the WW boards. The database here is MUCH bigger than I remember the WW one being, which makes tracking super simple.

Feel free to friend me. :flowerforyou:
  • marykay21
    Options
    I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WILL HELP YOU LOOSE THOSE LAST 10 POUNDS IN 2WEEKS. BASICALLY IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK VISIT YOUR NEAREST BOOTS AND BUY YOURSELF TONY FERGUSON SHAKES 2 EACH DAY 1 FOR BREAKFAST AND 1 FOR LUNCH OR DINNER.... ONLY NEED TO ADD WATER.... SO FOR THEM TWO WEEKS YOU WILL NEED 56 SHAKES... AND THEN HAVE A MODERATE DINNER WITH LOADS OF VEGETABLES DO THAT FOR 1 WEEK AND YOU WILL SEE HOW MUCH U LOOSE SOO MUCH... IM ON THE TF DIET AND I HAVE LOST MANY STONES ALREADY....

OR ANOTHER CHEAPER OPTIONS YOU CAN DO IS.. HAVE 1 SLIM FAST SHAKE EVERYDAY AND THEN SOME WEIGHTWATCHERS SNACKS FOR LUNCH AND THEN DINNER WITH LOADS OF VEGETABLES OR ONE OF THE WEIGHTWATCHERS OVEN DINNERS AND LOADS OF VEGETABLES ... BEST THING IS TO COUNT YOUR CALORIE INTAKE AND YOUR CARBS AND FAT INTAKE ON A DAILY BASIS ITS EASY THAT’S WHAT I DO.... THE POINTS SYSTEM IS WAY TOO SLOW AND CONSUMES ALOT OF CALORIES IF YOU REALLY SIT DOWN ONE DAY AND CALCULATE IT.
  • robyn0123
    robyn0123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have done weight watchers on and off for the last several years and I always lost weight but I didn't connect with the people at the meetings and my leader was just too into herself to be helpful to me. I really like MFP. First of all you can't beat the price!! And like any program you get what you put in and so far I have gotten the support I need. The tools and tracking are easy enough. I just started running myself and I hope to do a 5K this fall and train for a 10K in the spring! I will send you a friend request.
  • juliette28
    Options
    I did WW for years on and off. This program has been much simpler by far, not to mention it's FREE!! I love it, love it, love it!

Exactly my experience!!!
  • bmd1011
    bmd1011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of WW (on and off) for almost 10 years, and LOVE the support on the messages boards. I switched to MFP a few months ago, and cancelled my WW account for financial reasons. I still go to the WW boards daily as alot of the girls there have really formed great friendships. Yes, sometimes there is snark and may seem clique-y at times, but that can happen anywhere. As for whether or not MFP or WW works better----both have the same general sort of concept (eat less, exercise more), and it will all vary with each person. Some LOVE WW but had zero success on MFP, while it is the exact opposite for others. I am still trying to get my head back in the weight loss game, but I do enjoy MFP more than the new WW Plan.
  • donnamixon
    Options
    I did WW several years ago on the Momentum plan with great success. I lost 30 pounds in 6 months. But, like most diet plans, once I went off the program, I gained back everything I lost and then some. I went back to WW, now on points plus system and it didn't work for me. I tried MFP and was not gaining any ground after four months of 1200 calories per day. So, I decided to go on the old WW points system on my own while also using MFP. I discovered that 18 points on the Momentum WW plan equals about 900 - 1000 calories a day. Interesting, huh? I'm going to work both plans together for awhile and see if I can get back to goal. My metabolism apparently does not require me to eat to gain weight!
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I left WW and came here, then ended right back at WW. I need them. It works for me personally. I use the meetings and the WW program and also this site to track my nutrients.
  • samanthabernardo
    samanthabernardo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have never done weight watchers but imagine it is all about how You feel about it. Are you seeing results, the kind you want? Do you feel trapped by the points? I imagine it is hard to think everyday as points. I hope you find something that works for you. I do best with numbers. Seeing the numbers and knowing I can scan bar codes to get accurate data on the items I eat has really kept me motivated. To each their own and how I hope you find yours.
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am trying to find out the same thing. I lost 20+lbs with WW and hoping that doing this will work trying to loose the rest of the weight. My goal is 120 lbs by May 2, 2013. So I am very hopeful. I am tired of counting points too. Since this is free and I can track on my phone, well, I guess I will try too.
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also did WW for about a year with little success and am having success here! In less than 3 months I have already lost almost 6lbs,

My hubby told me that WW doesn't want you to lose weight too well since once you lose it, you won't be paying anymore. I have also found everyone here is helpful and friendly. There are a few people on here that can be rude, but I just ignore them. Hope you join us! I added you as a friend!

Melissa
  • gilberts3
    Options
    Hi
    I been with weight watchers but not online I think this site is better
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've done weight watcher meany times with varying success. Any plan works is you work it. FOr me MFP is better that WW for tracking adn there is much more support for eating whole/real foods. I really feel that Weight watchers encourages you to eat crappy processed food. the foods they put their label on are really processed and have absolutely NO nutritional value... plus MFP is FREE!