First Clothing NSV!

Options
I have been overweight most of my high school and all of my adult life, and never really tried to better myself, but I finally kicked my own *kitten* when I got put on cholesterol medicine, it is partially hereditary but I'm only 31, I shouldn't need that yet. So here are the NSV's that I have had in the past few weeks.

1.) I had to go down a shirt size at the dog training school I volunteer at! They told me I was "swimming" in the 3x so they got me down a 2x!
2.) I had to buy a belt! I don't think I have ever worn a belt! but my jeans are falling off me now, and I can't afford to go out and buy new jeans.

Replies

• Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good job girl!!!! Keep it up :)
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Hopefully that belt won't last long and you'll have to add new holes...or buy a new one!
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Good job, I know its not always easy but keep it up :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That's WONDERFUL!! Congrats!!
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    MFP helped me make very similar changes. It's so exciting to know you're on to something. It just keeps getting better.
  • amathus
    amathus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to hear someone say it's PARTLY heredity. I'm so tired of hearing folks say, "it's not my fault, it's my genes." Yes, genetics play a good part of obesity, but so does eating 10,000 calories a day.

Congratulations! Keep it up.
  • blondie0942
    blondie0942 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    those are two amazing NSVs. Give yourself a pat on the back, wtg!
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • theglencoegirl
    theglencoegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! keep it up!!! you deserve it!!
  • amadacorazon
    amadacorazon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats!:happy:
  • rukus1
    rukus1 Posts: 112
    Options
    It won't be long and they will have to put you into a 1x ! congratulations!
  • kasmusic3PA
    kasmusic3PA Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, today I put on a dress for church that I hadn't been able to wear for about a 1 1/2 years. It is a great feeling to
    be able to get into clothes that didn't fit and I know that I will be as happy as you when my pants start falling off, too. Second hand shops are a great place to buy clothes because while we lose weight, we can afford to take them back and buy new ones as often as needed.
  • DeniseBarone
    DeniseBarone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can find a lot of good quality jeans and other clothing at thrift shops and Goodwills. You don't need to spend a lot of money, but you deserve to treat yourself to a new pair of jeans that fit! Good work!
  • DianeG213
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! Good for you!
  • CortnieD
    CortnieD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! Keep up the good work :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!