earned calories

Options
Hey,

SInce joining this i notice i walk a LOT more therefore burn a lot more calories, however i seem to burn more calories than I eat and get earned calories adding up. the issue is i can't physically eat any more calories.

For example today, amazing shopping trip meant a LOT of walking and i earned 1070 calories, i did forget to have lunch but i had a very late breakie so wasn't actually hungry. Had a cupcake for dinner (yes i know...but me and my sister felt like baking some) and now i physically can not and will not finish all my earned calories

What i really want to know is how important is it i do ? ohh also im on the 1200 calorie count thing

Replies

• Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress too much about it.
    Be careful though that alot of calorie estimstors ( like mfp) overestimste calories burned. Thsts why many ppl recomend you only eat 1/2 your excersize calories back.

Just try to make sure you're getting the nutrition that you need.
    ( i hope it was a carrot cupcake)
    :drinker:
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    it had lemon zest ? sooo yummm !

i just find it hard to eat the recommended calories and adding earned calories makes it so much harder ! don't get me wrong i can guarantee i don't have an eating disorder, i love my food but when im being healthy i just don't think about eating so much and don't feel hungry enough
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It sounds like today was an anomaly and you simply got busy and then ran out of time without being able to hit all your extra calories. I would try to make sure you eat at least the 1,200 and hit your macros. Then, either just record half the minutes for your workouts since the numbers for calories burned aren't always 100% accurate, and then try to add a little extra protein (like a cheese stick, container of yogurt, etc.,) or piece of fruit if you need to get a few more calories in for the day. As long as you're within a range -- up or down -- you should remain healthy and be in good shape.
    Another thing, it's fine once in a while to be off -- high or low -- as long as you're hitting your goals most of the time, since your body will average it out over the course of days, weeks, etc.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    When I have a big exercise day I sometimes can't eat all my calories back. I eat until I'm full and then tend to be a little higher the next day. Same as when I have a high calorie day one day I tend to eat a bit more the next. It has to average to what your goal is.

But it sounds like you basically didn't eat ANYTHING worthwhile today. A cupcake for dinner? After walking all day? And just a late breakfast and no lunch?

That's not good for you.
  • Dandawa
    Options
    i do not count shopping, walking kids to park, schoo, or house work ect. i only enter workout s loke videis, weights, biking, roller blading. and i do not very often eat back any of those back n if so only bout 1/3 i eat every couple hrs n i am sure to pack healthy snacks.
  • rapat
    rapat Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try eating your earned calories.

Think of them as a bonus -- if you use them up great, you earned them.
    If you're not hungry, dont force yourself to eat extra.
  • EmpressHollie
    EmpressHollie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try eating your earned calories.

Think of them as a bonus -- if you use them up great, you earned them.
    If you're not hungry, dont force yourself to eat extra.

^^^^^my thought exactly... i have decided not to eat back my workout caloires, they are not 100% accurate and i am not usually hungry enough to eat them all. I will usually use them on the weekend when i hang out and want an adult beverage, but during the week i sticking to my 1200
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    normally i just try eating healthy and near enough my 1200cal goal, but its becoming difficult to keep up, i either don't eat enough, not purposefully, or over eat by a couple hundred...

the cupcake was lovely though :) i find sometime when im the cook i don't feel that hungry when its ready and thats what happened with the cupcakes i was suppose to be helping my older sister bake and ended up pretty much making them for her !