Vegetarian Help?

I am a vegetarian, but not one with a bunch of money to buy a variety of spices and foods I have never heard of... Does anyone know healthy, vegetarian recipes that are remotely easy? I love vegetables and am not a picky eater, so anything helps! Or even a good site you know for vegetarian food?

Replies

• AmyBoogie
    AmyBoogie Posts: 91 Member
    101Cookbooks.com has some fabulous recipes. Not always vegetarian but really great tasty foods.

If you can, add in a new spice to your spice rack ever few weeks. Make a list of the spices in recipes you like, rate them by the ones most often used and get those first. You don't need to buy spices all at once. Also, I don't think you need a ton of different ones to make food flavorful. Good fresh food and you won't need as much spice to make it yummy.
  • The first time I stopped eating animal parts in college, I used a site called vegweb.com frequently to get recipes for free. Also, having recently kicked the animal products again, I learned that my local library has shelves full of cookbooks and a decent number of vegetarian and vegan ones. And the library card was free! So that might be an option you can investigate to build your stock of easy recipes. :-)
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    The first time I stopped eating animal parts in college, I used a site called vegweb.com frequently to get recipes for free. Also, having recently kicked the animal products again, I learned that my local library has shelves full of cookbooks and a decent number of vegetarian and vegan ones. And the library card was free! So that might be an option you can investigate to build your stock of easy recipes. :-)

Absolutely poke around vegweb.com!

I swear, I learned how to cook almost everything from that website when I went vegetarian 8 years ago.
  • Thank you guys! I really like the vegweb.com site. :)
  • Thank you!!! Wonderful website!